Home

General Offense Help

This is a discussion on General Offense Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
General Offense Help

Hey guys, only been able to get in about 10 games or so since Tuesday. Most have been with Carolina, who doesn't have that great of an offense, but a decent one at B overall. Just through doing play now games against rivals and ACC schools on AA, 5 min quarters, seemed to be generally succesful, winning games against the NC States and UVa's of the world 13-0 and 17-7, but only getting around 200 yds at the most of total offense per game. Fast forward to today and I play some kid online, UNC v. Ohio St., and this kid destroys me 31-0 and it shouldn't have even been that close, I manage about 70 yards of total offense.

Following this game, I decided to try some different teams to see if it was UNCs mediocre offense or me. I just got done playing the Iron Bowl as Alabama and lost 14-7. Auburn opens with the ball but I pick off their QB's first pass, return it to their 15, and first play, Ingram takes it in for the score. From then until the 4th quarter, its 3 and outs for both sides with a few first downs sprinkled in, until Auburn breaks through and ties it, then with 2 min left, I throw a pick, they drive and win the game. My total offense yards for the game was something like 135 total, pretty embarrassing with a team thats A+ offense.

The thing that I have found is that I cannot run the football for the life of me. UNCs backs are decent, but the line is weak, fine, but I except for outside tosses and sweeps, I cannot run the football. I figured with Alabama's line, this would change, but I was unable to move the ball effectively on the ground at all. I've seen plenty of highlight videos on that thread of guys busting huge runs, so it can be done, my question I guess would be how? After 10 games, I still cannot figure out the right stick controls, when to lean or when to juke and it means I'm getting nothing out of the run game, which in turn is killing my offense. Anyone out there have any suggestions, they would be much appreciated, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: General Offense Help

What difficulty are you playing on?

I've found that, even on easier difficulty levels, the less you mix up your playcalling, the worse your offense gets.

I'm not familiar with UNC's playbook or their offense, but regardless of what playbook you're rolling with, you need to put in a good mix of run and pass.

And you need to mix up your runs and mix up your passes. Run some draws on passing downs. Run some play actions on running downs. Use the play action play to set up the corresponding run play, and vice versa.

And perhaps most importantly? Use your audibles. Did both safeties just drop all the way down the line of scrimmage on you? Audible to a quick pass, and then I prefer hot routing my outside receivers to slants over the middle (the biggest hole left by the safeties). Did your opponent pick man coverage in 4-3 against your 4-wide causing one of his safeties to leave the box to cover a receiver? Audible to a run.

I haven't found this year's offense any more difficult than in previous years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »