Home

Too Many Dropped Passes?

This is a discussion on Too Many Dropped Passes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Too Many Dropped Passes?

Is anyone else getting a lot of dropped passes? I swear its as if my receivers are all looking to "run before the catch." I have never had such problems in previous NCAA football installments. Are we supposed to hit the catch button (triangle or Y) now before we try to look down-field?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Crono139's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Too Many Dropped Passes?

It's been happening to me, too. Rather frustrating, especially in RTG.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Only time my players drop it is when they are being hit. Now if you want to play a game full of drops, do back and play NCAA 2005. NCAA 11 is no where near close to the amount of drops in that game.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
Rookie

blazinsmokey's Arena

I find that if you only press the "Y" button to Catch the ball it's usually ok and then after he has full control turbo in whatever direction you like. But if your holding Turbo down "Right Trigger" while your trying to catch the ball he has a lot higher chance of dropping it.

Hope that made sense.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
Rookie

@Tally, I agree about NCAA05. But unfortunately my receivers are dropping passes even when they are wide open with no contact!

@blazinsmokey, Yes that made sense. I'll give that a try. That is a bad habit of mine that I guess I will have to correct now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah, there are a ton of drops this year. I dont have many wide open drops, but receivers do tend to drop the ball a ton if they're hit shortly after the catch.

I think defense is worse though. They drop SO many easy picks. I'd say about 60%. Takes skill right out of the game.

Try adjusting sliders. If you play online, well you're screwed I guess.

You can also set catching to conservative.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm playing on Heisman and I can not tell you how frustrating the drops are to me. I am playing a Dynasty with Army, and I'm in year four with most of my receivers having catch ratings of 75 or better.

There are so many situations late in the game or on big 3rd down plays where I have had receivers WIDE OPEN and they still just drop the ball. It is honestly killing the game for me. Even when I make smart reads on blitzes and throw into the flats to the tailbacks they drop the damn ball.

Consider me frustrated.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I havent had a huge problem with drops, maybe 1-2 a game. But my problem is with the WR's not "reaching out" or balls. I'm playing RTG while waiting on rosters (getting those trophies and phase of the game done) and it seems whenever i go deep (i play as QB) theres a 50-50 chance of the receiver actually sticking his arms out and trying to catch. Only a couple of times while wide open but when they have a step or 2 on the DB and the ball is right there- it hits them in the back/ helmet/ etc and big yards turn into incomplete pass

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »