Home

Possible Reason for "Mirroring" Man Coverage Issue

This is a discussion on Possible Reason for "Mirroring" Man Coverage Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Possible Reason for "Mirroring" Man Coverage Issue

I just came across this video on Youtube and thought it might be of some interest. I think he may know the reason for the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwO-L...jk&feature=sub
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Possible Reason for "Mirroring" Man Coverage Issue

yea on another thread we came to the same solution there no breakdown or transition step for defenders of the pass. what would be more interesting to check out is . is there a transition step or break down for defense covering the run.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 34

Wow..i just created and posted that video, like an hour ago lol.

YOu folks think Im correct?

I hope it can be patched to some extent, or quick ranked is going to be near useless to play.

I like to play the ocassional random ranked, just to practice stuff

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 07-16-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

I think he's got a fair point and seems to prove it with the video so maybe that is what the issue is.
Is EA able to patch an animation in? Will EA patch an animation in?
Hopefully we can get some news sometime soon on the issue because its a pretty big one in terms of its going to happen on any route thats similar to the ones shown.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I will agree there is an animation issue there, but the corners "know" the route. On the flag route, you can see the wr is running straight, right where the receiver is going to "cut" about 5 yards up field, the corner makes the cut first. Basically the corner runs the WR route before the receiver does. All adding animations would do is cover this up better. Its an AI issue as well. Instead of programming intelligence, they are creating the perception of AI, in this case,not doing a great job at it.

on the in route at the beginning of the video, this is evident as well. before the receiver turns, the linebacker turns and run the route, then essentially turns around then stays in front of the receiver. Adding a transition would make it look better but when the AI knows what play you are running, all the is happening is they are letting you complete a pass, or they are not. Regardless of what you are doing, they are in control of the outcome and not you.

on that cross route, all that happened was the AI malfunctioned and the LB ran in place for a second while he was pressed up against another defender and it allowed your guy to get open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think they need to balance the WR and CB interacitons. The WR has to slow down to make a cut. The CB does not. Even if the animations remain the same, they need to force the CB to slow down to make a cut. The animation would be icing on the cake, but for game play they need to make the CB have the same physiological limitation as the WR, and let the agility and acceleration rating decide the outcome.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Be careful what you wish for. All adding an animation to the DB's would do is allow WR's to get open consistantly. As the above poster stated, the problem is in how the man coverage is programmed. Adding an animation to delay a DB will only create further problems, but now instead of too much coverage you will have too little.

Instead of making the problem worse, they need to re-program man coverage and WR/DB interaction overall.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Be careful what you wish for. All adding an animation to the DB's would do is allow WR's to get open consistantly. As the above poster stated, the problem is in how the man coverage is programmed. Adding an animation to delay a DB will only create further problems, but now instead of too much coverage you will have too little.

Instead of making the problem worse, they need to re-program man coverage and WR/DB interaction overall.
Excellent post. The entire WR/DB interaction needs an overhaul along with ball trajectory in order to simulate a true passing attack!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »