Home

My dynasty team-selection dilemna!

This is a discussion on My dynasty team-selection dilemna! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My dynasty team-selection dilemna!

I'm a fan of the Missouri Tigers and have very high hopes for them this season. I expect Gabbert to be a breakout star. Excepting the mid-season stretch last year when he played with a badly sprained ankle (thanks Ndomakung Su), he was sensational as a true sophomore.

My dilemna is that while I love to watch Mizzou's incredible, dynamic offense in real life, I can't stand running that offense in NCAAF 11. There is only one formation that is not Shotgun and the playbook is filled with difficult bubble screens and quick slants that are prone to interceptions. Many of the formations feature trips to one side which frequently results in several receivers near one another downfield, and it very hard to throw into the resulting crowd of defenders. The majority of running plays are outside the tackles and begin with the running back moving parallel to the LOS. That's a recipe for repeated stops for a loss in this game. This is in no way an indictment of the game, because the in-game playbook is pretty much spot-on to what the Tigers really run. The problem is that's just not my style. I like an old-school run-first offense, and I love to run between the tackles.

So... I'm faced with a choice of choosing a new playbook for my beloved Tigers (which diminishes the realism of the game and plays away from their strengths) or choosing a new team for my dynasty (which is sacrilegious). However, I've always played as Mizzou in years past (every version since NCAAF 2003) so I'm kind of burned out with the other stadiums in the Big 12. It might be nice to try the SEC or Big 10. Maybe I'll pick a 3-star program in one of those leagues and try to build them up into contenders. Not to mention I'm still a little bitter over how the Big 12 realignment thing went down recently -- I was hoping for an invite to the Big 10! It would have been amazing going into the Big House or Happy Valley, or hosting a a traditional powerhouse like Penn State in Columbia!

Last edited by scadh; 07-16-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »