Home

Wow, shocking NCAA test results

This is a discussion on Wow, shocking NCAA test results within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:03 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Wow, shocking NCAA test results

running start
Old 07-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #10
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Okay thanks for clarifying. Those numbers were going to be extremely shocking if from a stationary start. If you have time or get a chance I would love to see the standstill 40 times as that is the number we are used to seeing. I assume accel would make a difference in that one as well.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #11
Rookie

harrisonial2992's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah. A 40 time irl is always calculated using a stationary start, so trying to create parallels between game speed and 40 time is only relevant if the in game calculation uses a stationary start. I highly recommend you do this and would be interested in the result. Trying different acceleration ratings would be interesting as well.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #12
Banned

Alright guys. I use adjusted sliders and some of you know I rerate every single player with my own system I have used for years (phil steele manual). I just adjusted every player's speed on Boston College's team (only team I have rated so far). I was originally using my old chart that I came up with years ago. The highest speed on the field was a 70 and I think he was a backup. Every player had a 99 ACC. This will screw up dynastys but you could rerate i guess. Anyways, it was the best game I have ever played. There were issues but get this. Since my test chart was on fast, I adjusted then to their real life 40 time using the test chart and played on fast, AA. I was Home Boston College and beat away BC 24-17 scoring on my final drive after a shanked punt. I nearly returned a ko, and I took a jet sweep 49 yards to the 5. The flow of the game was amazing and I found myself cheering, which I have never done. 8 min qtrs. I am taking sack yardage out of rushing.

BC (ME) BC (CPU)
10 FD 12 FD
13-27 121 passing 1 int 15-25 180 passing 1 int
26-144 rushing (inc 49 on wr jet sweep) 24-82 rushing
4 drops 2 drops
1 Pancake 0 Pancake
They sacked me 4 times I sackd them 3 times
My top def had 8 tkls There's had 8
I punted 6 times They punted 5
57 plays 52 plays

I think if I had loner quarters, stats could have been better. Our Rbs both had around 3.5 ypc.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:17 AM   #13
Banned

I did try acc rating from 100-0 in increments of 25, with a 99 spd rating, from the 11 yard line and timed from 10-gl and there was np differece in 100 to 0. I will try a standing start. There was also no diff in speed from human to cpu and I do have auto sprint on. I did running start bc it is hard to time and run from 40 at the same time.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #14
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascocm
I did try acc rating from 100-0 in increments of 25, with a 99 spd rating, from the 11 yard line and timed from 10-gl and there was np differece in 100 to 0. I will try a standing start. There was also no diff in speed from human to cpu and I do have auto sprint on. I did running start bc it is hard to time and run from 40 at the same time.
Of course there is no difference. They have a running start and the same top speed. You need to learn about the scientific method before you start running experiments.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:24 AM   #15
Banned

From the 41 and a 1/2, and rb bumped into line at 40 and as soon as he scooted into the hole exactly on the 40 (he had to stop), 99 speed and 99 acc, 3.75.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Of course there is no difference. They have a running start and the same top speed. You need to learn about the scientific method before you start running experiments.
They do not have a running start straight ahead when they have to clear the line right up the middle. Hey, I am trying to help, and I am sorry I don't have a degree in rocket science.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »