Home

The Secret to the Auto-Sprint Feature

This is a discussion on The Secret to the Auto-Sprint Feature within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
The Secret to the Auto-Sprint Feature

How many of you have auto-sprint on, but still find yourself pulling the R2/RT?

The new dual stick controls work well with the auto-sprint, but not as well as without it. The DEF still gets that speed burst when you use turbo. Even with auto-sprint.

Yes, auto-sprint frees your hands up to try to use dual stick controls, but the problem is, you can't get good at them if your brain is stuck in a 10 year cycle of reaching for turbo.

This is how I figured out the game:

1.) I used auto-sprint to break my habit of squeezing the R2/RT

2.) I then turned auto-sprint off, and running the ball is perfect now.

Using sprint is not, and never has been necessary to run the ball effectively. Turbo actually has been the reason running the ball has been so hard. But, I just couldn't break the habit.

Now that he DEF no longer overreacts to the turbo, the running game has become so much more about setting up plays and following blocks.

I still get the control of using turbo in realistic situations, and make dual stick control highlights. Thanks EA, for giving me a way to get back in the game.

Just my opinion. You are suppose to have your own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Secret to the Auto-Sprint Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
How many of you have auto-sprint on, but still find yourself pulling the R2/RT?

The new dual stick controls work well with the auto-sprint, but not as well as without it. The DEF still gets that speed burst when you use turbo. Even with auto-sprint.

Yes, auto-sprint frees your hands up to try to use dual stick controls, but the problem is, you can't get good at them if your brain is stuck in a 10 year cycle of reaching for turbo.

This is how I figured out the game:

1.) I used auto-sprint to break my habit of squeezing the R2/RT

2.) I then turned auto-sprint off, and running the ball is perfect now.

Using sprint is not, and never has been necessary to run the ball effectively. Turbo actually has been the reason running the ball has been so hard. But, I just couldn't break the habit.

Now that he DEF no longer overreacts to the turbo, the running game has become so much more about setting up plays and following blocks.

I still get the control of using turbo in realistic situations, and make dual stick control highlights. Thanks EA, for giving me a way to get back in the game.

Just my opinion. You are suppose to have your own.
ive never had a problem running the ball. i love the auto sprint is nice cause your stick moves are more effective. but running has never been my issue... passing this year is giving me fits. i like it though, the QB's are super accurate and balls will float on you when you dont apply the proper power. I love this game
Old 07-17-2010, 12:58 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Do people really have trouble holding RT and using the right stick at the same time?

Guess I just have big hands...and you know what that means...
Old 07-17-2010, 01:46 AM   #4
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Do people really have trouble holding RT and using the right stick at the same time?

Guess I just have big hands...and you know what that means...
Big gloves.

Anyway, I've been using auto-sprint, but I can't seem to let go of R2 either. But I think I might turn it off soon because there is a 1 step lage if you want to take off with the QB. That 1 step in "drop back to pass" mode takes about half a second which is huge because I've taken a lot of sacks because I wanted to take off but couldn't get away in time because of the need to accelerate while the defender is running full speed. I need that half second to accelerate and auto-sprint won't give it to me. What they should do is make R2/RT the "take off" button for the QB while using auto-sprint.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Running the ball never been a problem for me. Auto sprint or not. I never did rely on sprint in the 1st place. With jukes, spins and stiff arms, why do people even need sprint ?

They could COMPLETELY get rid of sprint and I would still average over 100 yards a game rushing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 01:52 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Running the ball never been a problem for me. Auto sprint or not. I never did rely on sprint in the 1st place. With jukes, spins and stiff arms, why do people even need sprint ?

They could COMPLETELY get rid of sprint and I would still average over 100 yards a game rushing.
100 yards per game isn't very much.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:53 AM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx34
Big gloves.

Anyway, I've been using auto-sprint, but I can't seem to let go of R2 either. But I think I might turn it off soon because there is a 1 step lage if you want to take off with the QB. That 1 step in "drop back to pass" mode takes about half a second which is huge because I've taken a lot of sacks because I wanted to take off but couldn't get away in time because of the need to accelerate while the defender is running full speed. I need that half second to accelerate and auto-sprint won't give it to me. What they should do is make R2/RT the "take off" button for the QB while using auto-sprint.
RT still does work as sprint even with auto sprint on. Just like B is still the same spin button even though you can spin with the RS as well.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:54 AM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
100 yards per game isn't very much.
I guess you missed the word OVER before 100 yards a game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »