Home

A couple observations on recruits

This is a discussion on A couple observations on recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
A couple observations on recruits

I noticed for the second straight year there are no receiving tight ends. I have found a lot of balanced and blocking, but no receiving, even though it's an option. Has anybody actually seen a recruit that is a receiving tight end?

Another thing I seen is that in Road To Glory mode the quarterback can be a Pocket Passer, Balanced, or Option. But in dynasty instead of Option it's called Scrambler. Why is this?

One last thing is that most "Power" running-backs are about 170lbs and have very low break tackle and trucking ratings compared to the other type of backs. Anyone recruit a true power back this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: A couple observations on recruits

There are also no receiving full backs.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

In my first season of a Nevada dynasty I noticed there were pretty much no pass rushing D Ends.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I hate that, I love receiving TE's and there nowhere to be found, and i hate that it seems like 75% of all the half backs are "power" backs.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

I dont know about this year or last, but in NCAA 2009 I usually went after an oversized WR and placed them into the TE position for my hands TE (I would change his position before the season started to TE instead of WR).....and believe it or not, after the first year, you might see a big jump in his weight. Almost like they would in real life...."dude I know you are a reciever but I want you to play TE and gain 50 lbs". You can do the same with HB's, just switch a fullback-like HB to FB and he will get chubby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
In my first season of a Nevada dynasty I noticed there were pretty much no pass rushing D Ends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Another thing i've noticed is there's not enough kickers, or so it'd seem. It feel like this because i'll see teams like USC with walk on kickers and punters, and i see it frequently, and it takes a big element out of the game when a team can't actually kick a 30+ yard field goal or a punt only goes 25 yards.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Another thing i've noticed is there's not enough kickers, or so it'd seem. It feel like this because i'll see teams like USC with walk on kickers and punters, and i see it frequently, and it takes a big element out of the game when a team can't actually kick a 30+ yard field goal or a punt only goes 25 yards.
Yea I had to recruit a K last season and I only had could get 2 that had any interest in me. I ended up having to get a walk on that cant kick 30 yard field goals really crippling my offense.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
There are schools in BCS conferences that don't have a kicker who can make a 30+ yard field goal. There are also a lot of schools in BCS conferences that have walk-on kickers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »