Home

Video: Stopping Goal Line Running Cheese 4-2-5 Defense

This is a discussion on Video: Stopping Goal Line Running Cheese 4-2-5 Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Cool Re: Video: Stopping Goal Line Running Cheese 4-2-5 Defense

Minus the typical nano blitzing & the entire lack of blocking on certain types of plays (PA, etc). The Oline EASILY blocks everything you can throw at them. Especially the better teams that can throw the ball.
I took UA against a guy who took OSU a few days ago & only got 2-3 sacks all game on that QB they have. He had plenty of time for a 5 step drop & pick apart the 4-2-5 all game. I won it through attrition, but the only sack/hurries I ever got was from him running out of the pocket like a DA trying to make something happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
How do you record an entire game like that? Are you playing in HD?
I typically play on a monitor while recording & streaming to people live with a hava titanium. On occasion Ive been known to play on a 52" Samsung, or a 105" projector tho. I prefer monitors. They trounce everything else in image quality & response time.

For NCAA I record mpeg2 @ 5mb/s over wifi. For other videos I record 8mb/s on a USB hard drive. (NCAA games are too long for my USB HD).
480i @ 29.997fps get's YADIF deinterlacing & becomes 59.997fps. Run the entire game through some basic scene detection so I can quickly delete all the BS. (That about 10min for an entire hour's game). Cut those to youtube length & encode them to 720p. Transcode that to h264 so youtube has a good file to work with that's under a gig per 10min of video.
Simple! :P

Most games online that are worth anything, i.e. no quitting/7,000 passes stopping the clock/lot of overtimes, are just under an hour. By the time you cut the BS out the games are only like 25-28min long!

Last edited by Toysrme; 07-19-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #18
Banned

All the glitz & glamor of the stock & nano blitzes to be had with the 4-2-5, swear my second favorite blitz this year is the basic Nickle-Strong Strong Man. 4 down rush, slot DB blitzing. IDK what they've changed this year to make such a basic play so much better, but it nearly always works for me. When it doesn't, the coverage is still plenty good enough. (Man coverage crazyness)

Really, it's easy to stop nearly anyone's gameplay with the 4-2-5. Blitz every now and then (not too much, just "get ahead" in the yardage count) to keep them honest & otherwise just sit on your nice formation placement while they strangle themselves trying to make something happen.
If they're smart they'll try running up the middle, but that wont last. As a human, cover everything outside the box & take away the flats! If there's a guy trying to run in the box, let the computer get first contact on the guy & then plow him with a hit-stick, or A button fumble. (Happens so much this year!)

If you really wanna mess with somebody, come out in the 4-2-5 bear every now & then. Amazing blitzes & nano blitzes can be made in that formation. Smart guys will see it & immediately think they can run past the second level, only to find the qb or hb sacked for a 3-7 yard loss. LoL!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Video: Stopping Goal Line Running Cheese 4-2-5 Defense

How is it you complain about cheese, but you user jump the snap every single play?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #20
Banned

Like everyone else, Im tired of it being an automatic gimmie in the game with seemingly less than a thousandth of a chance to get a penalty.
On the other side of that I like how you whine about it, but are too ignorant to understand it does nothing for you 99.9997% of the time.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #21
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
with the way the offense is in this game I don't see how anyone can say any defense is cheese. The 335 is a little better than 4-2-5 so if 4-2-5 is cheese, I guess 3-3-5 is uber cheese?
I say it's cheese, not intending to spew out at anyone. There have been problems with AI/blocking in the past and you still hear of folks saying it's unstoppable, thinking they've accomplished something when it's actually just flawed programming.

Those two formations stop the run as well or better than tradition 4-3 or 3-4 when that's not typical nor logical. It just doesn't yield realistic results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I say it's cheese, not intending to spew out at anyone. There have been problems with AI/blocking in the past and you still hear of folks saying it's unstoppable, thinking they've accomplished something when it's actually just flawed programming.

Those two formations stop the run as well or better than tradition 4-3 or 3-4 when that's not typical nor logical. It just doesn't yield realistic results.

Disagree...
Then again I only play player lock on D. If you are switching players on D then I don't know. I have ALWAYS felt that switching players on D during the play was not fair to the AI.

In any case I run with WV and player lock on D and don't see the "Cheese" factor at all.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25

I am assuming we are talking online here right?

I dont play online...Offline only for sports games....But i find the 4-3/3-4 work great in Solo dynasty. Guess its a waste online since most throw...throw...throw and throw somemore making the 4-3/3-4 kinda pointless.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I am assuming we are talking online here right?

I dont play online...Offline only for sports games....But i find the 4-3/3-4 work great in Solo dynasty. Guess its a waste online since most throw...throw...throw and throw somemore making the 4-3/3-4 kinda pointless.
That's why you get a group of good guys and play OD with them. I haven't played a random game or joined a league with anyone I don't know yet in current gen. Nor will I.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-23-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »