Home

Dynasty : One Human Per Conference, 2 Days per Game, Be a Writer

This is a discussion on Dynasty : One Human Per Conference, 2 Days per Game, Be a Writer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 12:01 AM   #73
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Dynasty : One Human Per Conference, 2 Days per Game, Be a Writer

WVU guy I will be around pretty much all day tomorrow, PM me here to set up a time to play or if you see me on Live send me a message.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I'd rather not, unless Josh is going to figure out how to schedule a match.

I was actually under the impression that there wasn't going to be human vs human games except for Bowls, as the initial description said something about "12 mini-dynasties," or whatever.
If the human vs human aspect is too troubling I'll remove it from regular season, but I think 1 game per year against a human makes it interesting, scheduling conflicts aside.

Last edited by Cryofax; 07-26-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
WVU guy I will be around pretty much all day tomorrow, PM me here to set up a time to play or if you see me on Live send me a message.
The WVU guy quit and was replaced by a guy controlling Pitt. So that game is now a CPU game for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 12:44 AM   #76
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I'd rather not, unless Josh is going to figure out how to schedule a match.

I was actually under the impression that there wasn't going to be human vs human games except for Bowls, as the initial description said something about "12 mini-dynasties," or whatever.
I don't understand why you hate me so much now. It was your fault as to why the game didn't get done.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #77
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryofax
If the human vs human aspect is too troubling I'll remove it from regular season, but I think 1 game per year against a human makes it interesting, scheduling conflicts aside.
I think 2 user vs user games is good otherwise you're gonna see 12 teams undefeated at the end of the year. Even with only 1, that's still a high chance at a lot of undefeated teams.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
I don't understand why you hate me so much now. It was your fault as to why the game didn't get done.
I don't hate you, but if you continue to put the entire blame on me and accept none of the responsibility for yourself, then it will grow to hate. Grow up.

The first night when we both could play, the servers were down. Nothing either of us can do about that.

The next day I'm on and off line literally all day long waiting for you to show up. When you finally do, it's when I'm in the middle of a round of Call of Duty, you wait FIVE minutes and then log off. If you're so busy that you can't even wait ten minutes tops, then how would we have even played a football game that would take 40ish minutes to play?

Saturday, I was mostly busy all day, but I did log on around 9pm my time and was on until midnight-ish, and never saw you on.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:54 AM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
I think 2 user vs user games is good otherwise you're gonna see 12 teams undefeated at the end of the year. Even with only 1, that's still a high chance at a lot of undefeated teams.
Ideally we have players who are at AA-level. Which means having people go undefeated will be rare and special as it should be. It's too early to tell in the dynasty how things will go but outside of two people (Texas and Notre Dame) the rest of the scores/stats seem fairly realistic (blowouts being against much lesser OOC teams, with close games against similar teams). If its too easy for someone to go undefeated they should be in a different dynasty playing on Heisman.

As for your conflict with Pogo you guys should just drop it and move on.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #80
Banned

A Note about "cheesing"...

As you should be able to surmise from the bylaws, the aim of this dynasty is a challenging, realistic dynasty. Part of making it realistic is playing the game as you would if you were a real coach. I'm going to list several things you should not be doing in your dynasty. Please post more that you know of and we'll compile a nice "no cheese" list for the bylaws...

Going for it on fourth down when you shouldn't : The circumstances when a coach might go for it on 4th down are ...
- In your opponent's territory, outside field goal range.
- In field goal range but you need a touchdown
- You're trailing with no time to get the ball back (or you don't think your defense can get the ball back)
- Perhaps your defense is just completely useless and it's 4th and short. If your best defense is a good offense this might be excusable. This is a very rare example that I could only see using if you were down a few touchdowns and just had no clue how to stop the other team.

2-Point conversions : You should NEVER go for a 2-point conversion unless it's necessary. Like you're down 16 points in the second half etc.

Formations : Running a play out of goal line formation in any other area but down by the goal line is cheese.

With a big lead : If you have a nice big lead in the second half, you should be playing your backups and running the clock. Trying to run up the score or pad stats is cheese. The only exception might be trying to pad stats for someone in the running for an award, but even that should be reasonable. If your star RB already has 200 yards with a huge lead in the 4th quarter then sit him down.

This is open for discussion. Additions, debate, etc. I'd like to get your input on this. Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »