Home

Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions)

This is a discussion on Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions)

Does the awareness improve like every other rating (+3 to +6) or does it improve more ? Because the new recruits sure are coming in at a low rating here around 40 a ton, also a lot of time the developmental Freshmen or Sophomores on a team will have similar ratings to the stars or JUs and SRs.

How is that handles as a dynasty goes on ? Will it mean youīll have starters on big teams with 50 awareness in year 3 ?

And what positions on the field does the awareness rating play a role for anyway ? And what situations within the position on the field ?

Last edited by Whoman; 07-19-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 03:50 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Rec ?

As has been stated time and time again in any thread that talks about recruiting...

The default roster players are over-inflated. The recruits you'll get coming in are all going to be lower rated across the board. It can make dynasties play weird for the first 4 years--a team full of freshmen, even a bad team, will suddenly become a powerhouse by the time those players are seniors.

However, by year 5 (or 6 for all the redshirted players in the first 4 years), you'll have cycled out everyone from the default rosters. Eventually the balance starts to normalize, albeit with lower ratings. In year 1, 99 is elite, but by year 5/6, 90 is the new 99. 80 is the new 90, 70 is the new 80, etc. on down the line.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:35 AM   #3
Banned

Re: Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions)

but hereīs the thing : They arenīt balanced out. The only rating thatīs lowered is the awareness, how is that balanced in any way, shape or form ? And that isnīt talked about "in any thread that talks about recruiting..."

I am all for lowering the overall, what irritates me is the way itīs done, that it is almost exclusively done via the awarenes rating.

Why is that and what are the ramifications ? What does that do to gameplay later on ?
Old 07-19-2010, 04:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Rec ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
As has been stated time and time again in any thread that talks about recruiting...

The default roster players are over-inflated. The recruits you'll get coming in are all going to be lower rated across the board. It can make dynasties play weird for the first 4 years--a team full of freshmen, even a bad team, will suddenly become a powerhouse by the time those players are seniors.

However, by year 5 (or 6 for all the redshirted players in the first 4 years), you'll have cycled out everyone from the default rosters. Eventually the balance starts to normalize, albeit with lower ratings. In year 1, 99 is elite, but by year 5/6, 90 is the new 99. 80 is the new 90, 70 is the new 80, etc. on down the line.
In year 2020, teams like UF and OU are trash. UF has a C rated overall and OU has a D+ offense. My dynasty has taken a turn for the worst...especially since Boston College is a top 5 school lol
Old 07-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #5
Banned

Re: Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions)

I just fail to see how Awareness for everybody in the 40s and 50s wonīt essentially destroy gameplay ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 AM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I see your point. Maybe everybody will be equally dumbed down lol

I'm optimistic!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:44 AM   #7
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Im worried that the lower awareness ratings will kill the gameplay. When the WR has a choice route and has terrible awareness, he will run right to a defender. I am curious if awareness effects offensive linemen in their blocking assignments as well.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:10 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Im worried that the lower awareness ratings will kill the gameplay. When the WR has a choice route and has terrible awareness, he will run right to a defender. I am curious if awareness effects offensive linemen in their blocking assignments as well.
thaīs what i was aiming at. What is affected by the awareness ? F.e. for a running back, is BCV the only thing determining if he sees holes or als AWR ?

What about QBs ? Is a low awareness QB any good at all ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »