Home

Skills and Height/Weight

This is a discussion on Skills and Height/Weight within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Skills and Height/Weight

This may sound like a bit of a noob question, but can anyone provide a list of what every skill does exactly in-game?

Also, i was wondering if height and weight actually important in this game (as it wasn't important as much in earlier games)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Skills and Height/Weight

I think it depends on the position. I got a 6'7 TE and hes a real weapon. Seems like his height is a big bonus. I will definately look for tall recievers from now on. Tall DBs would be nice also.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod
I think it depends on the position. I got a 6'7 TE and hes a real weapon. Seems like his height is a big bonus. I will definately look for tall recievers from now on. Tall DBs would be nice also.
Thanks. I've noticed height is a big factor too.

Now about those skills...Anyone?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I have a 6'8 TE with 82 JMP and 77 CIT and he is made for the (hook?, it's down on the left stick when you change his route) as he can jump over most other players.

He's only a 68 SPD though, and has bad ACC so he doesn't get any YAC. He did catch 15 passes for 6 TD's in his first year.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I have a 6'8 TE with 82 JMP and 77 CIT and he is made for the (hook?, it's down on the left stick when you change his route) as he can jump over most other players.

He's only a 68 SPD though, and has bad ACC so he doesn't get any YAC. He did catch 15 passes for 6 TD's in his first year.
What's his strength and run/pass blocking?

In one of my online dynasties I came across a TE (or maybe he was an ATH) who was 6'7" and had C-speed but good Run blocking and strength. I plan on recruiting him heavily. I like to run the ball, so he looks like a good blocker, but then down in the endzone, his size gives me a good passing target.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Sooo....anyone got that list of skills and what they do?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyWiener
Sooo....anyone got that list of skills and what they do?
Let me try to help you out. Im not going to talk about speed, agility, etc. because they are pretty obvious but here is my take on what these categories mean:

Trucking- Ability to fall forward and gain extra yards when tackled.
Release- Ability to get off the line while being pressed.
Impact Blocking- Ability to "Pancake Defenders"
Block Shedding- Ability for a defensive player to disengage from an offensive lineman and make a break for the ball.
Ball Carrier Vision- Ability for a player to see openings when they have the ball.
Pursuit- Ability to take proper angles when trying to tackle the ballcarrier.
Play Recognition- The ability for a defensive player to read the play and sense whether the ball is handed off or it is a play action.

These are what I understand these ratings to mean. Sorry if I wasnt any help! This is my first post on these forums and I gotta say I love this site and I love the amount of "sim" players there are out there. If you have any other questions then let me know and I will try my best to help you out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »