Home

NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #73
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Definitely need to do something about the punt/kick return game, for both HUM and CPU.
It doesn't need to be insanely easy, but I need to know that it's possible to return a punt more than 15 yards or a kick beyond my own 30 yard line.
Football is a game of field position...and the return game is a pretty big part of that.
This and ball carrier AI are my 2 real concerns. By far my biggest complain with the game is the AI of the CPU ball carriers. There are a number of specific problems that keep them from being anywhere near as effective as they should be. To sum up the main problem, the CPU doesn't handle open space properly. For example, a RB will burst through the hole and have only the DBs to deal with. Rather than kicking into that extra gear, he may do a number of things that will take away what could have been a game breaking run. He may juke for no reason, slowing him down and allowing him to be caught from behind. He may keep the ball covered with both hands even though he is in the clear, which causes him to run much slower than if he was sprinting, again allowing him to be caught more easily. He may have a clear path if he would just veer toward the sideline, but he doesn't; he inexplicably cuts back inside. It's really bad. Instead of attacking the open space, they run cautiously.

You can see it on punt returns as well; the returner will have 2 blockers in front of him taking on 2 defenders. Instead of heading outside, he runs right into the defenders. It's like they have no vision or something.

One of the past versions of NCAA had the same problem and it was addressed via a patch. I am really hoping this can be fixed as well because it is killing the realism for me.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #74
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Great thread!! I think the frequency of fumbles definitely needs tuning. So do some of the people in this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...le-slider.html

Anytime people are getting games where 2 teams combine for 9 and 10 fumbles, like some people have had in our OD, something is wrong.

Last edited by splff3000; 07-23-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 AM   #75
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Wow, I just returned a kickoff for a TD with USC. Started running straight down the middle and when the coverage converged I took it straight outside and outran everyone to the inzone. Then the refs called holding.

I've done the same strategy countless times before and got stuffed every time but at least I know its not impossible. Maybe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 AM   #76
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6

For Defensive tackles, they always beat a double-team against the Triple Option Offense. Doesn't matter the playcall (option, play action, etc.) They can beat double teams, but it needs to be severely tuned. I had to draw the line when I saw a DE doing it.

And the holding penalty as rubberband AI needs to get cut altogether.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 4

From the first post... * Short zones are played too deep, leaving the offense free reign of the underneath areas.

Can't this be fixed by simply setting your gameplan "zone coverage" to aggressive?
Old 07-23-2010, 03:33 AM   #78
Rookie

IGGYBOY34's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
I have to agree with almost everything said in the first post. And it seems most of the problems are just overreaction tweaking in the opposite direction from last year. Kickoff and punt returns were too easy last year, and this year next to impossible. Play action passes were way too easy last year, and this year if I call one I'm on the run for my life from the pass rush no matter if I ran the ball the first 20 times! Last year the rushers would react to the play action and hesitate before continuing to rush, this year it seems they're on mindless turbo to sack the QB. Play action is useless so far as I can see at least at this point.
I wholeheartedly agree! I was just telling one of the guys in my dynasty today that it seems as if whatever is flawed in any given year of NCAA, the following year new flaws emerge as a result of overcompensating for the old flaws. If only they could adjust/repair the game in moderation!
Also, in my opinion, the entire 'All-American' level (in terms of difficulty...or lack thereof) needs to be tuned. Either that, or online matches should be on Heisman by default. It is so disappointing when I go online for a good competitive game only to find matches where my opponent and I literally trade touchdowns and whoever has the ball last wins.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:37 AM   #79
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
This and ball carrier AI are my 2 real concerns. By far my biggest complain with the game is the AI of the CPU ball carriers. There are a number of specific problems that keep them from being anywhere near as effective as they should be. To sum up the main problem, the CPU doesn't handle open space properly. For example, a RB will burst through the hole and have only the DBs to deal with. Rather than kicking into that extra gear, he may do a number of things that will take away what could have been a game breaking run. He may juke for no reason, slowing him down and allowing him to be caught from behind. He may keep the ball covered with both hands even though he is in the clear, which causes him to run much slower than if he was sprinting, again allowing him to be caught more easily. He may have a clear path if he would just veer toward the sideline, but he doesn't; he inexplicably cuts back inside. It's really bad. Instead of attacking the open space, they run cautiously.
I agree. You have to jack up the cpu RBA just to get them to break bigger runs more often.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #80
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Great thread!! I think the frequency of fumbles definitely needs tuning. So do some of the people in this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...le-slider.html

Anytime people are getting games where 2 teams combine for 9 and 10 fumbles, like some people have had in our OD, something is wrong.
I don't really have a problem with the fumbles right now. If you cover up and lean properly I don't think it's an issue on AA. It may be a bigger issue on Heisman or other difficulty levels. I completely agree about having a fumble slider. Madden 10 had it along with an injury and stamina slider. There are NO good reasons why these were left out of NCAA 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »