Home

NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #9
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Tuning Requests

reduce increase in speed of gunners on punt return and kick return.
it seems like they get a speed boost compared to playing there position.

i think you covered most of it adem.
increase logic for cpu not running toward middle when open sidelines are available
maybe something with the one mind playing when it comes to kick and punt returns players don't stay in there lanes. it becomes almost a straight line mix of players. players are always to one side of the field, if it wasn't for the gunners and their super speed down the field there would mad punt and kick returned for tds.

Last edited by Hova57; 07-21-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

maybe we can get this sticky and remove the sticky from the retail impressions since its locked anyway
Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #11
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't know about you guys but out of the 8 dynasty games i've played so far i've had 2 season ending injuries / 5 non-season ending injuries / and in all 8 games my starting QB or HB has been injured and out for the duration of the game. To me that's a little too much.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't think passing speed needs to be toned down. I think it was too slow in Madden 10 and that's probably what you are comparing it too. You may disagree but I think pass speed is pretty good although a better arc on the ball may help some swats.

The pass rush on play action needs to be toned down.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I don't know about you guys but out of the 8 dynasty games i've played so far i've had 2 season ending injuries / 5 non-season ending injuries / and in all 8 games my starting QB or HB has been injured and out for the duration of the game. To me that's a little too much.
On the flipside of that, through my 6 online dynasty games, I' had 1 player out temporarily with bruised ribs, and that was a running back, and running backs get bruised ribs all the time. He was back in full health before the end of the game.

Injuries are partly based on player ratings, but also partly tied to how good the opponent's team is and how tired they are playing. If you are playing against top tier defenses every week, well, their players hit harder, and they hit harder every single play. So your RBs/WRs/QBs are taking a lot of really hard hits per game. If your players are tired, they're at increased risk of injury. Running no huddle can be dangerous. I had a lot of long injury times in last year's game when I ran no huddle. This year I run ground attack ball control. Everyone on both sides of the ball gets plenty of rest, so I'm staying healthy.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #14
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't think passing speed needs to be toned down. I think it was too slow in Madden 10 and that's probably what you are comparing it too. You may disagree but I think pass speed is pretty good although a better arc on the ball may help some swats.

The pass rush on play action needs to be toned down.
I totally agree in regards to play action Rudy. I've basically stopped calling it because every time I did I was sacked within a couple of seconds, regardless of how much I had been running the ball.

It would be great if EA could clarify what they can actually tune with these sets so we don't waste their time requesting impossible changes.

Also does anybody know whether or not we will be getting another patch or are the tuner sets meant to replace title updates?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I totally agree in regards to play action Rudy. I've basically stopped calling it because every time I did I was sacked within a couple of seconds, regardless of how much I had been running the ball.

It would be great if EA could clarify what they can actually tune with these sets so we don't waste their time requesting impossible changes.

Also does anybody know whether or not we will be getting another patch or are the tuner sets meant to replace title updates?
This is purely speculation based on what I know of the process (which is little, but perhaps I have a tad more inside knowledge than the average person here)- Things that can be tuned are things that deal expressly in under-the-hood numbers. Think of it as a massive slider set that we can't access.

I would think that, in time, they'll add screens so we can do this stuff ourselves but they didn't have time this year.

So the frequency of events, the effectiveness of moves, etc.. It wont replace a title update, but it'll leave more room in title updates for larger fixes (bugs, crashes, animations not triggering, etc.).

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

Progression and Incoming recruit ratings need to be tuned. Too many recruits coming in at under a 65 overall. Good recruits are coming in lower than this.

Almost all kicking recruits are absolutely awful.

The bad teams down the road in Dynasty are woefully bad. Best players are 60 overalls.

There was nothing wrong with the overalls of recruiting classes in the past. Progression was the problem. Now EA has decided that they needed to drastically lower 90% of incoming recruits, AND slow progression to a snails pace. They need to find a middle ground, and I'm sure they can do something to tune this, or just straight patch it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »