Home

NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #25
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tuning Requests

All my issues have be mentioned but, I'll just reiterated the ones that I think are most important.
  1. False starts and Offside penalties must be increased exponentially, using the aggressive setting must have a downside.

2. Punt return setup needs to be fixed. Those defensive players jumping while at the line of scrimmage has to go.

3. Running logic for CPU RB's and QB's, they need to run to the open space more and not trigger the "cover ball" animation when no one is around them

4. Depth by the Corners in the Cover 2, they need to stop hanging out in the flat with no receiving threat in the area.

5. The CPU QB needs to pitch the ball more on the option. They are keeping it too much, and getting swallowed up when the pitch man is wide open.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #26
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

If these do work online, then I think the amount of dropped passes when wide open needs to be dropped. I threw 22 passes last game and went 4 for 22 with 2 picks. 10 passes were dropped. 4 by one guy who I benched. Pretty rediculous if you ask me. Also I don't know if it's possible, but can linebackers and safeties who aren't being block be tuned to not run into people who are engaged so much? It's what leads to a lot of big runs on the outside. Either that or increase the block shedding ability of those who are being blocked on those runs like someone said earlier.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #27
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
That's moreso an issue with the default ratings. I think over time the ratings will level out but it will take 4-5 seasons to flush out current players.
Yes, the default ratings are overrated accross the board for the most part, but progression still needs fixed and so do ratings for incoming recruits. Just check kick power and accuracies being in the 40's for kicker recruits. The worst teams in the country stand no chance of ever getting better because their best players might... might top 60 overall. Every team should, no matter how bad should have a couple really good players at worst around 80 overall. There should not 60 teams that are a B overall, and that's the best teams in the country. A+ teams should be very rare. A and A- teams should happen every season, and their shouldn't be 30 teams at a D+ overall.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Pass velocity needs to be slowed down significantly.
I support this. I'm playing on Very Slow simply because I find pass speeds that much more realistic. Could do without the rest of the game playing that slow, but pass speed is simply that important of a factor.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #29
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests

About the only thing I can think of, and I'm not sure if this is a tuning thing or what, but let the CPU QB vary its snap count, particularly in a slower-paced offense. I'm not noticing them doing this. I want them to think at the line of scrimmage, call audibles sometimes (particularly good QBs), and generally make me antsy before a play.

I echo the concern with pass rush on playaction passes; I can make em work if I keep an extra blocker in, but the CPU defense is VERY aggressive against the quarterback on playaction plays, moreso than on normal passing plays.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

If I could only fix one thing it would be special teams.

Big returns, some blocked kicks/punts etc. Such a huge part of college football that's missing here.

Also...don't know if it's possible but I'll throw out my usual...please give me tons of stat overlays...or hell even a moderate amount. There's maybe 2-3 a game.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #31
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet

Do the tuner sets work online?
They did for NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #32
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Definitely need to do something about the punt/kick return game, for both HUM and CPU.
It doesn't need to be insanely easy, but I need to know that it's possible to return a punt more than 15 yards or a kick beyond my own 30 yard line.
Football is a game of field position...and the return game is a pretty big part of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »