Home

solid playing time promise

This is a discussion on solid playing time promise within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: solid playing time promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
I'm curious if anyone on here as seen the consequences of breaking a promise?

IE if you redshirt a player after you say you won't, is it certain he will transfer?
that's what i'm wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King10Sooted
Your promises wont have any impact on future recruits if you dont keep the ones you make.
ouch.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Your promises wont have any impact on future recruits if you dont keep the ones you make.
Uh oh... I better come through on these promises then .....
Old 07-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

So the only effect of breaking a promise is your promises won't carry as much clout later on? Transferring won't be a result?

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #12
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

It might have an impact on transferring too. Your best bet is to not break them.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #13
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
It might have an impact on transferring too. Your best bet is to not break them.
That seems pretty obvious. The reason for this thread was to figure out exactly what the promise meant so I wouldn't break it.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieNationPSU
If that's the case, and only starts count as playing time, then this aspect of the game is broken. I hate using that term to describe something in the game. But it seems just blatantly not accurate to real-life.

A team like Penn State uses like 6 defensive linemen in a game. So freshmen could get tons of playing time, which makes them thrilled to death. 2010 First-Rounder Jared Odrick played some as a true frosh in 2006. But in this game, apparently, that would count for nothing.
They need to keep track of snaps played and use that to determine solid playing time instead of simply going by starts
Old 07-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #15
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

An interesting experiment for someone to run would be to promise solid playing time to two different players and then next season:

Set player 1 at the top of the depth chart, but use the formation subs to take him out of every formation.

Set player 2 at the bottom of the depth chart, but use the formation subs to get him on the field a bunch.

Check at the end of the year to see which promise you were able to keep. This would prove whether or not solid playing time is based on their depth chart position or on actual playing time.

I may end up doing this if I get some time. If I do, I'll let you know what happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #16
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
An interesting experiment for someone to run would be to promise solid playing time to two different players and then next season:

Set player 1 at the top of the depth chart, but use the formation subs to take him out of every formation.

Set player 2 at the bottom of the depth chart, but use the formation subs to get him on the field a bunch.

Check at the end of the year to see which promise you were able to keep. This would prove whether or not solid playing time is based on their depth chart position or on actual playing time.

I may end up doing this if I get some time. If I do, I'll let you know what happened.
Unfortunately, this has already been done. If you set the players up to start on the depth chart, but sub them out every game, so they get absolutely no playing time, you still achieve your "solid playing time" promise.

This aspect is flat out broken, and it always has been. I simply don't allow myself to make this promise in my own dynasty, because it's so easy to manipulate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »