Home

Espn Classic Games

This is a discussion on Espn Classic Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Espn Classic Games

Could some one please explain how this works??? How do you get points??? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:31 PM   #10
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
Could some one please explain how this works??? How do you get points??? Any help would be appreciated.
You don't necessarily "get" points. The game assigns points based on the events of the game(if it was indeed, a classic)
You will know when you've played an ESPN Instant Classic, it will tell you right after the game is over along with the score.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #11
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

I wish I knew how they scored these things, I think they put way too much stock into overtime. I played a game that I swore was 10x more exciting than my triple overtime game. It was just anti-climactic, the overtime. While the win in regulation I needed to come back from 13 points down in the final quarter. I came down kicked my FG, stopped them in idk 4 or 5 downs scored my TD, then onside kick recovered and with zero time outs drive down the field just out of FG range with the clock ticking down from 10 and heaved a fade which was juggled and caught in the corner.

Only got like 7XX Classic points for what I consider the most exciting game I've ever played
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
You don't necessarily "get" points. The game assigns points based on the events of the game(if it was indeed, a classic)
You will know when you've played an ESPN Instant Classic, it will tell you right after the game is over along with the score.
Perfect thanks. Another question I would get a box on my screen that showed points for sportsmanship etc. I no longer have that on my screen. How do I get that to show up again and does this have anything to do with the "Classic Games"....
Old 07-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

I had a 5 OT game that was like 1650 something, which I thought was rather low. Although the 5th OT was a major league choke job by me, so maybe that changed it.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #14
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
Perfect thanks. Another question I would get a box on my screen that showed points for sportsmanship etc. I no longer have that on my screen. How do I get that to show up again and does this have anything to do with the "Classic Games"....
No problem! And no, that doesn't have to do with Classic games. That was Season Showdown and currently the servers for that are down. SS doesn't affect ESPN classics.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
No problem! And no, that doesn't have to do with Classic games. That was Season Showdown and currently the servers for that are down. SS doesn't affect ESPN classics.
Thanks for all your help, it is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

My highest game is like a 2172 or something like that. Bad thing is, it wasn't even close to being as exciting as some other ones I've had.

If I could delete it off the list, I would.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »