Home

PLAYBOOKS

This is a discussion on PLAYBOOKS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Banned

pichon617's Arena

OVR: 6
Post PLAYBOOKS

I would like to start this thread about the best playbook OFF/DEF for each team and also what DEF 3-4/4-3/3-3-5/4-2-5/46BEAR/MULTI D playbooks are best against the SPREAD/PISTOL/PRO/ONE BACK/MULTI/OPTION/AIR RAID/RUN&SHOOT.

Example
Florida=Spread/Multi D
46Bear vs One Back Teams
Please give a little explain why

Last edited by pichon617; 07-22-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: PLAYBOOKS

Great topic. I'll bite.

Option Offense = 4-4

I haven't used too many playbooks extensively yet, but I played Georgia Tech last night as Florida State on Heisman and completely shut them down. I won 38-13. It would have been 38-6 but I got a little sloppy towards the end, trying to gamble for turnovers. I held them to 90 yards rushing.

I mixed things up quite a bit, but if you're playing an option team, you might want to show a lot of 4-4. The way that the formation is set, you've got two linebackers at the perimeters and enough bulk up the middle to stop the fullback dive. Also, the 4-3 Over with some QB contain, DE Contains completely negates their attack because they can't stretch you to the edges. I was careful with my all-out blitzes, because the ones I called crashed into the line of scrimmage, leaving the edge which is what that offense wants.

When they went to 3-Wide and it wasn't a passing down I wasn't afraid to call a simple Cover-2 because the line stunts wreaked havoc with the interior blocking. If I brought a blitz I tried to bring it from the edges. Careful though, because if you guess the wrong side, it'll leave the opposite side wide open.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Banned

pichon617's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: PLAYBOOKS

Gators I use there default playbooks on both OFF/DEF
Spread & 4-3

Canes I love to use the USC OFF/playbook it gives you the 5 wide empty BF
You can be a real problem if you mix up your playbook.
DEF I use their base DEF/playbook love to put pressure on the QBs and man handle the RBs with blitz. So far so good in my dynasty.

CANES#3 5-0(2-0)
FCS West- W78-7
@Ohio St- W35-16
Pitt- W42-17
@Clem- W31-28 #1 ESPN CLASSIC
FSU- W31-14

Heisman setting with sliders from OPSports & Irondragonu rosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »