Home

Those that have trouble with deep ball

This is a discussion on Those that have trouble with deep ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 04:43 AM   #1
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Those that have trouble with deep ball

I've seen many people say they struggle with the deep ball. I've had plenty of success with it, even had some plays where my WR will lay out for the ball and make a diving catch, something I haven't seen since 2004. What helps me is instead of leading the WR forward, pull back and towards the middle of the field on the analog stick...so if the WR is streaking down the right side you'd pull back and left...then throw a lob. It isn't a guaranteed catch but if the WR has separation generally he will make the catch and the pass will be accurate. Take it in practice and see for yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Those that have trouble with deep ball

Thanks! I'll try this. I have been having some trouble with the deep ball lately.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
even had some plays where my WR will lay out for the ball and make a diving catch, something I haven't seen since 2004. What helps me is instead of leading the WR forward, pull back and towards the middle of the field on the analog stick...so if the WR is streaking down the right side you'd pull back and left...then throw a lob.
Thanks man, I always push up and lob to lead receiver. I have never tried down. I will check it out.

Alos on the WR laying out do you user catch? I never user catch.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Great tip -- I'll try this out.

I literally threw about 100 bombs on streaks in practice mode last night, and I caught only five or six -- my QB always underthrows the receiver. Posts, however, work better because I think locomotion factors in more and you can get more separation.

So leading your receiver inside a little (or maybe even outside) should create separation.

Either way, I hope they tweak the deep ball in a tuner set because it's too hard this year.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Thanks for the help. I am really struggling with this right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

My problem with the deep ball is that if I get a few steps on a defender, once I catch the ball the defender always catches up and tackles me, but when the cpu has a step or two on me, its always a TD
Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

What I do and its somewhat succesfull is try pumpfaking to the other side of the field and throwing the ball before the WR makes the cut in his post or corner route. Slightly lead the the recieve to the inside if its a post route and to the outside if its a corner route.

If your trying to hit deep throws on go routes make sure the CB is in main and if your WR gets off the line good throw it to your recievers outside shoulder or inside if the reciever gets the inside release.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

This definitely works better, but overall it's still WAY too hard to complete bombs -- lethal combination of unbeatable DBs and QBs underthrowing the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »