Home

Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits

This is a discussion on Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #97
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
percy harvin would definitely be an example of an athlete/running back converted to a WR like suggested before as a workaround.
But not Maclin, D-Jack, Ginn, and 1/4 the NCAA WR's who can juke the first tackler and make him miss.

AND AGAIN, the CPU can't fix it. All the 119 other rosters will be jacked.

AND AGAIN, none of the HB recruits come in rated higher than D on CTH or ROUTE...so you'll make a WR that can elude and juke but can't catch.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #98
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Looked at my year 2 dynasty last night and ALL the K/P freshmen were horrible. KPW/KAC in the 40-50 range.

It's a bigger problem than the stiff-hipped WR's!

It affected my game versus Florida, their kicker was 40 KPW and never saw the field, they went for it no matter the distance every time they were across the 50.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #99
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
If the situation were reversed, and it was the stock WR's with the lower juke ratings and the dynasty WR's with the high juke ratings, I bet there would be people complaining about unrealistic it is that so many WR's can run like runningbacks.

Now I realize this wasn't a design choice. That's obvious from the fact that the dynasty TE's have higher juke ratings than the WR's. So this needs to be addressed in the patch. But I actually think the dynasty ratings for WR's are closer to reality than the ratings of the stock players. There should only be a handful of WR's with juke ratings over 90. Most of the evasive maneuvers made by wide receivers fall into the category of "left stick move" rather than "right stick move." Here are a couple of highlight videos; one for Percy Harvin and one for Ted Ginn. There are very few moves in either of these highlight videos that I would classify as right stick jukes. Now, here's a video of some of football's greatest jukes. Its full of right stick moves; most of them made by runningbacks. The only two wide receivers I see in it are Dante Hall (former runningback) and Peter Warrick.
I agree, there should be a dozen or so in a hundred recruits rated B+ to A in elusiveness and juke. Most 4-5 star recruits should be C to B range.

Right now there are ZERO above C-.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »