Home

Help me stop the run(CHEESE)

This is a discussion on Help me stop the run(CHEESE) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help me stop the run(CHEESE)

HELP! Please help me before I throw my playstation off the balcony. I am getting killed online by guys running the same 2-3 run plays an entire game.

For ex, As FSU against V.Tech. a guy ran the option with T. Taylor, or ran an outside stretch run left or right. He threw the ball only 2 or 3 times, one of which I intercepted. He would score on a run either in one play, or continue to get 2-3 yards and go for it every 4th down. I scored easily on him and contemplated going for 2 on the final drive, but threw a stupid interception and lost 49-42. I only stopped him on downs once.

I suck at D, but I tried the 4-4 Cover 2 which puts two LBs in the Flats, and I also blitzed CBs to hit him on the outside without much success.

I used Nickel Strong, with Cloud Zone and CB and NB blitzes.

I used a 4-3 with DE Contain and outside blitzes, but my players just get blocked.

I even guessed which way he was running with run commit and my players just blew right by his running back. Or his 190lb back would break 2-3 tackles on his way to the endzone.

The guy was decent with moves as RB, and I only play with my alma mater FSU, and their DBs are in the mid 80s, LBs mid 80s with one 90, but the DEs are 74-75 overall. Should I use Formation Subs and put runstop DTS at the end positions. What should I do?

Blockers are 30-40 yards downfield as soon as the ball is hiked and I cannot shed them.

Why can't they block like that on punt returns lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Help me stop the run(CHEESE)

Ask Toysrme, he seems to be the online cheeser extraordinaire. Then again, he may be the one you're playing.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Ask Toysrme, he seems to be the online cheeser extraordinaire. Then again, he may be the one you're playing.

funny
Old 07-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm at work so I don't have the play right in front of me but I'll try to explain it. I played a friend who ran a crazy option offense with Georgia Tech. If I ran anything other then this D he would always get me for at least 3 yards or more.

It was a 3-4 DE contain. With I believe the two outside LBs BOTH with QB spy assignments. Seemed to shut him down pretty good. I would run some blitz fro the outside LB and the nearest MLB from time to time in the same formation to catch him off guard. If I thought he was going to pass I would run cover 1 with the same D.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
HILARIOUS LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

hahaha...your game may also be getting video-taped right now too. lol

Watch what you say. Keep the racism to a minimum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »