Home

1* Prestige recruiting tips?

This is a discussion on 1* Prestige recruiting tips? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #17
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 1* Prestige recruiting tips?

Started with one of my TB teams, Butte State last night. They already had Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida as pipeline states. Being that Butte is in the state of Montana, the only pipeline state I would allow from that list is Texas. I looked at the two FCS teams from Montana and will try and get Cali, Washington, and the home state, Montana, as my new pipeline states. I will go for a few recruits out of the pipeline if they have me ranked highly on their list, the rest will be a fight to get I assume.

At the start of the season I'm looking for players that have me in their top 3, are in the states I want to start a pipeline with, and are of need. Later in the season I will look at higher rated recruits and try and snap them up before other teams get to them. I already have a few 3*
s interested, and will be looking at a few 4*'s if I can.

I just try and recruit for need and to strengthen my pipeline states.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 07-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #18
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

I started one with EMU and year one recruiting did not go well, neither did the year as I went 3-9. I was able to sign 9 players with a massive amount of promises, 2 of which I won't be able to keep so I think I'll lose those 2 players. I signed 1 3 star juco, 5 2 stars and 3 one stars. So I did a little reading and came up with a new plan. This year I searched by interested prospects, adding the ones I wanted. Then looked through 3 stars in my pipeline states checking there interested schools pages. I looked for players with very low interest. i added all of these as no matter what there stats are they should be an improvement over what I have, that and I only have 59 players on the roster. I only spend minutes on 10 or 12 prospects per week and started with the people who had me high on there list. Each week I would replace any player who didn't have me on there list and received an offer from another school, keeping my list at 35 because you do receive some recruiting points for just having a player on your list. Using this strategy I signed 2 2 stars week 4 and just got a good 3 star HB in week 5. This week I have 5 visitors coming and should be able to secure 4-5 with a win or 2 with a loss. This past week the keeping the board full technique started to pay off also. 3 3 star athletes and 1 3 star DT bumped me to between 8 and 10 on there list. This is with NO calls to them. So now I should be able to start recruiting them after I get my signings this week. I'm hoping to avoid promises all together this year. Now that I'm getting the hang of the system hopefully I won't need them. By the way, I'm 1-3 so far this year.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #19
MVP

bvb24's Arena

I was in a OD for 1 stars in 09 and would love to do it again. If anyone has any interest or knows of one for 360 let me know. My only thing is I want it difficult. I don't change my schedule or would want some scheduling rules and use very challenging sliders.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just starting year 2 of my *1 star dynasty with North Texas. I pulled off a mircale season in year one going undefeated while scheduling ranked opponents. Which were #2 Ohio State, #5 Boise State, and #16 Georgia Tech with a unranked Baylor. I'm playing on all american with NS or Playermakers sliders with a lil bit of adjustments. EVERY game is a battle and you have to play close to perfect to even be in the game. For example I was in the National Championship game with North Texas against Alabama...I fail converting a 4th down at their 40 and they drive down to my goalline and kick a field goal so im down 10 to 7 in the 4th with 1:25 left and i able to get a lucky play and connect on a 40 yard pass for a TD with 45secs left and Bama drives down to my 15 yard line and i am able to pick off the pass in my own endzone...I know that is completely unrelated to what your asking but it was cool.

Okay for the recruiting part.

Pipeline states are your friend. Texas and Florida or California are the states you would like to get your recruits from.

Pick the prospects that fill your postion and since your a *1 school you'll have to target mostly 2*s and 1*s.

That being said only pick recruits that are interested in your school. If they don't have a green dot next to them don't bother.

Be sure to know what your target likes most befor you bring them in for a visit or you will get a bad grade on it.

If you are 2nd on a targets list try to compare to the 1st place school to narrow the gap. Use promises if you are several points behind.

Schedule visits during a rivalry game or a game against a ranked oppenent.

Sign extenisons. For example I got extended for 6 years and went from C to a B in program stablity.

Most important of all is win it doesn't matter how big the win is just win.

If you have a successful season your prestige with go to a 2* and then mainly 3* recruits will be interested in you. Hopefully that helps.

Last edited by Goober Man; 07-24-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #21
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

Just saw the info about the ratings in correlation to the number of *'s a recruit is. Not looking forward to bringing in a bunch of players rated in the 50s. I remember when most recruits you'd get were at least mid 50's or above, even the 1* players were rated in the 50's. It's hard to build a contender when you get crap for all the time you put in recruiting.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #22
MVP

bvb24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf86
Just saw the info about the ratings in correlation to the number of *'s a recruit is. Not looking forward to bringing in a bunch of players rated in the 50s. I remember when most recruits you'd get were at least mid 50's or above, even the 1* players were rated in the 50's. It's hard to build a contender when you get crap for all the time you put in recruiting.
Player ratings will be lower for all your competition too so it won't change building a program at all.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:34 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Started with one of my TB teams, Butte State last night. They already had Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida as pipeline states. Being that Butte is in the state of Montana, the only pipeline state I would allow from that list is Texas. I looked at the two FCS teams from Montana and will try and get Cali, Washington, and the home state, Montana, as my new pipeline states. I will go for a few recruits out of the pipeline if they have me ranked highly on their list, the rest will be a fight to get I assume.

At the start of the season I'm looking for players that have me in their top 3, are in the states I want to start a pipeline with, and are of need. Later in the season I will look at higher rated recruits and try and snap them up before other teams get to them. I already have a few 3*
s interested, and will be looking at a few 4*'s if I can.

I just try and recruit for need and to strengthen my pipeline states.
Shouldn't butte's team really be the montana tech ore diggers? How did you get all those other teams as pipelines? Never used the TB before.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:48 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
The real key is to be picky when choosing 1 and 2 star players. When I start out with a 1* if any 3*s are interested I pretty much go for them but once there are choices there it is easy enough to most of the time pick out the upper 60s/even sometimes lower 70s players there and if you are picky enough choosing your 2*s you can find a solid group of 10 or so most years in the upper 50s through the 60s and I have even found a few in the upper 60s. A lot of people on here talk about insuring that you team is in a player's top 2 or 3 interest but really that isn't that important if you are on the board. Most of the time the difference between 3rd and 10th is only a couple hundred points and most of the teams between u and the top won't offer anything so you can get past them easily. even being the top in interest is a very slight advantage. Sure, you may get an instant commit but most guys within 2 weeks you can be at the top and get that instant commit anyway. the key is worry less about interest as long as there is some and worry more about the player

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »