Home

Default Heisman Defense AI Help

This is a discussion on Default Heisman Defense AI Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Default Heisman Defense AI Help

Hi Everyone,

Hope you guys/gals are having a terrific Sunday. At this point and time of day, my eyes are kind of burnt out from reading a ton of forums and threads. I've been playing NCAA for a long a time and the most recent installment is driving me bonkers. I play at Heisman, and although on offense, scoring is no problem, giving the CPU on average of 35-42 points per game is driving me crazy.

I can't seem to stop the run. I can't also seem to stop the pass. On third and forever, with my D-lineman breathing down his neck, he will lob a 40 yard bomb to a sideline receiver on an out route. He seems to connect on average of 75% of his passes, and I seem to give up on average of 180 yards of rushing.

I've "labbed" and played everything from a 3-3-5 to a 3-4 to a 4-3. I've set the D-Line to play aggressive, but in Heisman, I would be lucky to get a sack. I would literally have to cheese it and play a 4-6 or 5-2 and blitz everyone to get a "sack".

So I guess to make a long question short, what defense are you all playing against a CPU set at a default Heisman level. I haven't made any changes to the slider, and I would rather just beat the hell out of this game using cheese than trying to play at legitimately at this point.

Does this make sense? EA, in my opinion has jacked the AI so badly on this game that I would rather cheat the hell out of it to give it the middle finger. I mean it's at that point that I might as well give up on the TD than trying to defend it.

Now I know you will probably say, play it straight or whatever, but I've tried that. I've tried disguising my blitz packages, I've tried to match personnel, but what really ticks me off is that when he plays defense, and I don't care if it's a FCS school or the lowest ranked team in this game, they play lights out. Every pass has literally a 50% chance of being a pick if not a pick 6. Every passing play, on a 4 or 3 man front, I've got a beastly pass rush coming at me.

So to combat those, the only I've done is eliminate like 80% of my playbook, play ace-slot or 4 or 5 wide, and hot route the slot receivers, and if I need to run, I'd go to a toss play to the weak side.

So I don't know if you are all at the stage where it's completely infuriating, but I'm kind of at that point playing against the CPU. I just want to destroy this AI more than anything at this point.

If this topic isn't suitable for here, please PM me if there's a solution to this madness.

So thanks for reading my post, and my apologies if this offends anyone's sensibilities here. I sincerely appreciate reading through the many posts on this forum, but I couldn't find anything that would help me whack the AI CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »