Home

getting fed up with this

This is a discussion on getting fed up with this within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
getting fed up with this

i'm so effing sick of watching the ball just shoot out of the CPU QB's hands as he gets hit without his arm even going forward....the ball just rockets 65 yds downfield perfectly on target.

human QB's have to wind up like they're throwing a javelin while CPU QB's it's more like a jugs machine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: getting fed up with this

exactly this is the same kind of crap i'm playing with on heisman CPU. especially on a 3rd and forever, even if you are playing dime, nickel, quarter or even a frickin prevent, the CPU will throw it for 40 yards on a rope, and hit a streaking receiver for a catch.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

This is the reason I won't playon heisman. The CPU clearly cheats for itself. Whether it is the defense knowing your play, or the QB being amazing no matter how bad he is. I play AA with different sliders so it is a challenge but if I lose I don't feel cheated.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

i just got done playing alabama and i thought the game was reaching new levels of cheating. i was up 28-10 with 4 minutes left and the ball. naturally a sequence of fumbles, drops and new version of robo QB i'd never seen before.

their QB was like terminator, megatron and dan marino all rolled into one....absolutely could not sack the guy, my players just bounced off him, no animation or anything, just looked like they ran into a wall. ball would fire out of his not even cocked arm and fly 60 yds downfield to julio jones or maize and they'd come down with in double coverage.

i actually recovered both of their onsides kicks in the final minutes to win the game.

the late game fumbles are so bad i almost find it safer to throw the ball when i'm trying to chew clock.....i know i'm gonna have a tight end or slot open down the seam because the CPU's base defense is engage eight.....it's just a matter of whether the CPU decides to make me drop the pass.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate09
i just got done playing alabama and i thought the game was reaching new levels of cheating. i was up 28-10 with 4 minutes left and the ball. naturally a sequence of fumbles, drops and new version of robo QB i'd never seen before.

their QB was like terminator, megatron and dan marino all rolled into one....absolutely could not sack the guy, my players just bounced off him, no animation or anything, just looked like they ran into a wall. ball would fire out of his not even cocked arm and fly 60 yds downfield to julio jones or maize and they'd come down with in double coverage.

i actually recovered both of their onsides kicks in the final minutes to win the game.

the late game fumbles are so bad i almost find it safer to throw the ball when i'm trying to chew clock.....i know i'm gonna have a tight end or slot open down the seam because the CPU's base defense is engage eight.....it's just a matter of whether the CPU decides to make me drop the pass.
They are only engage 8 because you called a run. Call a pass and they will be playing tight man coverage not letting anyone get open. Heisman it is blatant on the CPU knowing your play. Come out in 4 wide with a run play called they blitz everyone. Throw out of a double tight set and they are max coverage.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
This is the reason I won't playon heisman.
Seconded.

The last game I played on Heisman in last year's game, I was playing in the last game of the season, for a chance to make a bowl. I had a 4 point lead, there were 2 seconds on the clock. The computer had the ball on their own 17. I go into prevent, leaving only 2 linemen rushing the QB... so it's NINE on five downfield. The QB throws an absolute rocket 75 yards down the field, a safety and a corner jump to swat it down, replay shows it PASSING THROUGH both of their arms...receiver catches it in stride and walks in for a touchdown.

The ball traveled 75 yards speeding bullet, passes through the arms of two defenders (literally through their arms...physical impossibility, football and arm in same spot at the same time) and hits the WR perfectly in stride.

I don't play on Heisman.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Speaking of robo QB, I remember playing 08 and having the other QB go 33 of 34.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate09

This is why I stopped playing Heisman, I want a challenge, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be cheated out of a win, so i would actually cheese back against the CPU last year, it made that mad lol.

What happened in your game was basically the same crap Florida did last year. It would be a whooping, then all of a sudden the rubber band AI kicks in on overdrive, along with Murphy's law, resulting in some of the most frustrating games I've ever played.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »