Home

QB Sim Stats: Only AWR Matters

This is a discussion on QB Sim Stats: Only AWR Matters within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 03:16 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: QB Sim Stats: Only AWR Matters

I've been following this thread from the start but haven't bothered to comment. While I do think this is an issue, I really doubt they'll fix it (at least in this year's version). This is actually a pretty big issue for me, because one of my favorite things to do in this game is just do completely simmed dynasties where I just recruit and try to build the team up while simming the games. I guess now I know I should just start whatever QB has the highest awareness, regardless of other attributes...

And I do think that awareness should play the biggest role, but it shouldn't be the only factor. Throw power and especially accuracy should play a part in it. Accuracy should almost play as much of a role as awareness.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #90
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: QB Sim Stats: Only AWR Matters

An interesting thing to note. As we all probably know, the Gators are hated by the simulation part of the game. Its not uncommon for them to lose to USF or have close games most of the time against middle of the road teams. Well, John Brantley's awareness is 75....I raised it to 82, simulated a season, and abra kadabra...Gators go 10-4 , including a 41-10 win over USF and a 24-0 win over Tennessee. In my dynasties Florida loses to thsoe teams consistently...their losses were 29-26 at Alabama and 33-21 versus Georgia. they even beat FSU 36-17. In the SEC Championship they lost to Alabama 30-23, and had a bowl game against Texas A&M that they lost 21-7.

Interesting how one change to the starting QB's AWR to 82 makes the Gators go from a consistent 8 win team to a 10 win one, with respectable losses. Though, the loss to A&M is still pretty indicative on how poorly UF does in sims...I'm sure the final score IRL of an A&M v UF game would be much higher than that more often than not.

Last edited by FedExPope; 08-17-2010 at 06:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »