Home

My biggest gripe with this game

This is a discussion on My biggest gripe with this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: My biggest gripe with this game

Another thing I can't stand (and I know most will say how tedious this problem is) is how every once in a while, while recruiting, your recruit will that you, the coach, are right; however, whoever worked on this part of the game, obviously doesn't know grammar as the text says "Your right," rather than "You're right." Again, people will say this is an extremely minor issue, and most probably haven't even noticed said problem, but, I think, as this is supposed to be the cream of the crop of college football games (as there are no other college games out there), there should be some sort of editing process for in-game text.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
Another thing I can't stand (and I know most will say how tedious this problem is) is how every once in a while, while recruiting, your recruit will that you, the coach, are right; however, whoever worked on this part of the game, obviously doesn't know grammar as the text says "Your right," rather than "You're right." Again, people will say this is an extremely minor issue, and most probably haven't even noticed said problem, but, I think, as this is supposed to be the cream of the crop of college football games (as there are no other college games out there), there should be some sort of editing process for in-game text.
There's tons of examples of this, and it's a bit annoying. I kind of laugh about it though, I mean, it is a collegiate themed game and the spelling is worse than your average 9th graders.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

Quote:
U r so rite

I never noticed this before. I will be keeping an eye out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #12
Rookie

Yeah, I'm big on spelling and grammar, that's the only reason I happened to notice it
Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0

Had a really bad AI decision playing yesterday..I was UA vs ASU....I was up 17-14 with under 0:11 on the clock...ASU has a TO left, and the ball at the 3...they run a run play on 2nd down, get's stuffed short of the goal line, and they didn't spike the ball, call TO or anything as time ran out...
Old 07-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

I hate how the AI calls plays. It is hard to find a good slider set, because even if you find one that gets you realistic stats, the CPU doesn't know how to call plays (on either side of the ball). For example, calling draw plays on 3rd and 7... it may work sometimes in real life, but it very rarely works in this game. A lot of times, they basically just give you the ball back through horrid play calling. It's easy to have games where you're like 8-10 converting third downs, and the CPU is 3-10.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Oh, I just thought of this, CPU in possession of the ball, last 30 seconds of the first half, AI lets playclock run down to 1 second, not able to get snap off before whistle blows to end half. I was trying to figure out the logic in this, I had them buried in their end, and figured "they're holding out to prevent a possibly turn over and touchdown due to field position so they could take the ball in the next half and try to score on that" so whistle blows and I was actually the receiving team to start the second half, making the last few seconds of the first half really confusing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 02:12 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:

Seeing how these recruits are supposedly high schoolers, and based upon our current state of edumacation, I'd say it's realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »