Home

IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ???

This is a discussion on IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ???
YES 27 36.00%
NO 48 64.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
Banned

pichon617's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
Did you graduate from Florida?
No why a big fan of Gators Football/Baseball/Basketball
Old 07-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichon617
Because I want some feed back from OS fans

Also it seems like the poeple that complain MUST NOT HAVE PLAYED OR WATCH FOOTBALL

In highschool when I played we ran 4-4 split and they run it to this day & we had a GREAT GROUP ON DEF thats all we played was DEF. Coach would always call the same 5 to 7 plays ALL BLITZS. Many teams give you a different look but in reality they are running the same play out of a DIFFERENT FORM
Just because a play works in real life doesn't make it cheesy in the game. In fact, perhaps quite the opposite is true.

The things that people tend to complain about being cheesy are the plays that don't work in real life that are unstoppable in the game--and perhaps 4-4 split may qualify.

I don't really see any college football teams running a 4-4. Now I may be wrong, but I just don't really remember seeing it.

And I don't care if your HS team did it. That's high school. It's a completely different game. You don't really see people running the option in the NFL, but it's very popular in the college game.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
Banned

pichon617's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
If your high school won 4 straight superbowls they were cheesing.

Really though if you just always came out in the 4-4 I'd come out with 5 WRs and run hurry up on you.
Thats true run a spread but da Canes have fast DBs I have been beat by the deep pass about 30/35% of the times. 4-4 Split is a great DEF with the right players. Also I dont make any subs like I had the guy put his RB at DE and his fastest WR at DB and still got his A*s handed to him 42-13 he was up 13-0 in 6-7 plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
Banned

pichon617's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Just because a play works in real life doesn't make it cheesy in the game. In fact, perhaps quite the opposite is true.

The things that people tend to complain about being cheesy are the plays that don't work in real life that are unstoppable in the game--and perhaps 4-4 split may qualify.

I don't really see any college football teams running a 4-4. Now I may be wrong, but I just don't really remember seeing it.

And I don't care if your HS team did it. That's high school. It's a completely different game. You don't really see people running the option in the NFL, but it's very popular in the college game.
The high school game is not that much different from college ball especially at the top high schools across the country.

The NFL is a totally different league it should be called the CCL=Copy Cat League especially in this dam era.

TCU runs a 4-2-5 which is a 4-4 split is 4DL/2LBw/speed/5DBw/speed they have run this DEF for awhile now

Last edited by pichon617; 07-26-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichon617
The high school game is not that much different from college ball
Yes, it is...

The ratio of NFL players to non-NFL players is even lower in college football than the ratio of college players to non-college players in high school. There are some great high school football teams, but I'm sorry, there's a significant difference.

And perhaps part of the big difference is that in high school, one or two of your four linebackers is likely not a college linebacker but a college safey, and he's got the skill to cover the other team's 3rd WR (who probably won't play college football) as if he were a defensive back.

In college, against most teams, a true linebacker generally won't be able to cover most teams third WR, or forth necessarily.

Yes, there are lots of teams that run 4-2-5 formations. I mean, it is a nickel formation, but here instead of linebackers, you've got safeties/corners in the box. Safeties are just as good at tackling, but they don't necessarily have the pass rushing ability of a LB, or the ability to penetrate through the interior line for a stop for loss. They've also got more speed.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25

what HS did you go to?

I voted NO...But i havnt played online since 06...ZERO patience for randoms.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #15

Deegeezy's Arena

Your high school won the Super Bowl?!

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #16
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Your high school won the Super Bowl?!
same thing i was thinking, waaaaa? Do you mean you won state?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »