Home

In your dynasty, how does UF do?

This is a discussion on In your dynasty, how does UF do? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #33
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: In your dynasty, how does UF do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokster
I suspect it's the playbook: it seems to be more based on what Florida ran last year than what they will run this year with a more pro-style QB (Brantley). Brantley doesn't do well on a lot of the QB runs or selling a lot of the QB play action fakes.

So I think it makes sense that once Florida got a Tebow clone, they did a lot better: someone like that's necessary for that playbook to work well (without human control).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
I noticed the exact same thing about how they always lose alot of games in dynasty. They lose because their high overall ratings are because of their high speed ratings instead of the fundamental ratings for their positions.. Their WR's don't have high catch/route running, just speed. Their LB's have low tackle ratings I believe, but they are all fast. All of the CBs except Janoris Jenkins have low coverage ratings, but they are all fast.. Speed just has way too much of an effect on overall and gives inaccurate evaluations of how talented the player is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkdawg
It seems to me as though the problem is the playbook. If Brantley isn't a runner, but he's getting Tebow-style play calling, that would hurt the offense. Is there a playbook that would be better suited to the type of offense that UF will run with Brantley? This could be a solution.
I think you guys have the culprits, especially the playbook point. I have always wondered why they have included the Tebow play action passes but not the HB Dive play. I've seen the HB Dive in Texas Tech's playbook. Florida ran the crap out of the Dive last year, why wouldn't it be in the game? It would be better than having all these QB Wrap or spread option plays that only cater to a QB that can run with any decency. Which Brantley certainly is not. I wonder what would happen if the CPU ran less QB run plays in sim games and replaced them with actual RB runs. I think yo uguys know what I mean, when you sim a game, then go to a team's stats, your QB more often than not will have stats like 14 rushes for 16 yards. I'm sure most of those attempts are the spread option type plays.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #34
Rookie

Oil Nation's Arena

OVR: 1

In mine they went to the SEC final in the first two years and lost to Alabama. I lost to them in the Fiesta bowl in 2016.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Florida really struggles in my Dynasty as well, but Alabama is pretty much the opposite. I'm headed into the bowl season in my 3rd year, and Alabama still hasn't lost a game. And if they beat Penn State in the championship game, it'll be 4 consecutive undefeated seasons (dating back to last year irl). They are good and all, but do they have to go 56-0 in 4 years? That cost me a shot at the title this year with ASU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #36
Rookie

In my dyansty Brantly was injured week 2 and the Gators are 3-5 in week 9. Also Bama has 3 lossed as well...Wisconsin and GT are the surprise teams for me...
Old 08-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokster
I suspect it's the playbook: it seems to be more based on what Florida ran last year than what they will run this year with a more pro-style QB (Brantley). Brantley doesn't do well on a lot of the QB runs or selling a lot of the QB play action fakes.

So I think it makes sense that once Florida got a Tebow clone, they did a lot better: someone like that's necessary for that playbook to work well (without human control).
This is why
Old 08-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #38
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

After 3 years, Florida's best record is 5-7. As for the mention of Alabama, they have only won the national championship once. They lost the SEC title to South Carolina in year one, and lost a game in the regular season in year three to screw the pooch.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #39
Rookie

I'm in year 4 of my dynasty, they were the following ranks when I played them at the end of the year (as FSU):
Year 1: #16 (Lost SEC champ to Bama)
Year 2: Unranked
Year 3: #6
Year 4: #21 (Lost SEC champ to Bama)
The unranked year they had a very slow QB, since then they have picked up more run oriented QBs. On the other hand, Alabama has made it to the SEC championship every season. South Carolina made it the years that UF didn't.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #40
Rookie

in my dynasty, i'm playing with stanford so i never play UF, but after my first season, they finished 10-3 with losses to Tennessee (35-20) and Alabama twice (33-10), (45-35) in the SEC Championships.

A lot of close games with Vanderbilt, Georgia, Kentucky, and USF.

Brantley played in the loss to Tennessee but didn't play against Bama in either game. In fact, Brantley played in 4 games with a paltry 51-128 with 5 TDs, 3 ints, and only 538 passing yards.

backup trey burton went a similar 51-125 with 4 TDs, 8 ints, and 608 yards.

But here's the weirdest part: the leader of the team in passing? That was TE Jordan Reed with his 121-234 for 1569 yds, 15 TDs, 11 ints.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »