Home

NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

This is a discussion on NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #249
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

the dirty little secret is that EA doesn't test for functionality, they test for certification
Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #250
Rookie

MikeHokie's Arena

OVR: 1

One of the better ideas I've seen in a while.

College football truly is about the coach and his abilities. Can you recruit? Can you scheme against other schools? Can you get the most out of the players on your team? Did you hire a staff that can recruit for you and get the most out of the guys in their respective areas?

All questions a real college football coach has to answer.

I think a RTG type mode might work for this. It would be nice if you could do RTG then transition into a GA (graduate assistant for those unfamiliar) role with your school. Then declare your concentration as a coach in terms of philosophy, personality, and other factors. You build up your career by working at other schools and getting the attention of other coaches and athletic directors. Eventually you can coach your own team. Sounds a lot like NFL Head Coach and I don't know how much fun being a GA is but what the heck it's an idea.

I also like the notion of you setting goals as you start out as a coach. I think there should be a staff of coaches you can hire, more interaction with the athletic director, recruiting violations, etc. These things capture the reality of college football and it would prove to be a more "realistic" dynasty mode.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #251
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHokie
One of the better ideas I've seen in a while.

College football truly is about the coach and his abilities. Can you recruit? Can you scheme against other schools? Can you get the most out of the players on your team? Did you hire a staff that can recruit for you and get the most out of the guys in their respective areas?

All questions a real college football coach has to answer.

I think a RTG type mode might work for this. It would be nice if you could do RTG then transition into a GA (graduate assistant for those unfamiliar) role with your school. Then declare your concentration as a coach in terms of philosophy, personality, and other factors. You build up your career by working at other schools and getting the attention of other coaches and athletic directors. Eventually you can coach your own team. Sounds a lot like NFL Head Coach and I don't know how much fun being a GA is but what the heck it's an idea.

I also like the notion of you setting goals as you start out as a coach. I think there should be a staff of coaches you can hire, more interaction with the athletic director, recruiting violations, etc. These things capture the reality of college football and it would prove to be a more "realistic" dynasty mode.
You should take a look at College Bowl Bound...got all of this and more, but it is a text based sim, very very indepth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #252
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Just once I would love to see a QA hand's on so someone can write about something like this big issue with Dynasty mode. I think it helps the consumers because I truly believe if enough press came about it before launch, EA would have either fixed it in the final build AND made a public statement about it or at least told they public right after launch they knowledge the issue and will be fixing it.
I think there are two issues with the hands-on previews we get. First, the big sites that get the game early probably don't have a truly, diehard fan previewing it. Most people who aren't diehards aren't going to delve too deep into the nuts and bolts of a game or know what to look for even if they did. Secondly, the smaller sites with more of those diehard fans (and also more likely to have a true fan of the game previewing it) that get copies for previews probably feel so lucky to have gotten a copy, they are reluctant to bash the game (or just uncover the ugly truth) too much out of simple appreciation for getting a preview copy or for fear of not getting anymore preview copies if they are too negative. It sucks, but it's ALL a business. Don't forget that.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #253
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii.warrior4
I wonder if these problems exist on the PS2 version. I wasnt happy with NCAA 2010 for the PS3 but was very satisfied with NCAA football 2009 for the PS2. I didnt realize any such problems on the PS2.

well PS2 doesn't have as many stats (like ELU and Juke).

however from 09 to 11 (i skipped 10), and heres what i noticed

TE's and DE's are garbage. your lucky to find five 3* DE's to actually recruit during inseason. same for offseason

a test run i had 8 offseason 3* DE's. all were 68-70 OVR, except one who was 76 OVR and his stats were pretty good (high speed, acceleration, etc etc), a true diamond in the rough. most cpu teams pass rush is going to be non existant within 4-5 seasons.

TE's thats even worse. you are quite literally lucky to have even one 3* TE in either inseason or offseason recruiting combined

kickers you can pretty much forget about, either create a kicker with a good leg or recruit a blue chip punter (yes you read that right, blue chip punter, i wasn't aware that punters were even proper football players) and switch him to kicker.

on the flip side, you get 5* QB's and WR's that turn out to be high 80's and even low 90's OVR rating, which IMO, is OTT (86, maybe an 87 is IMO, should be the highest for any recruit)

i was intending to create 25 real life recruits for the first two seasons when i start my dynasty proper, but with the problems of TE's and DE's, and a ridicoulos (sp.) number of overtalented QB's and WR's to recruit from, i may have to create 5 and 4* DE's and TE's just to make dynasty mode worth playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »