Home

NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

This is a discussion on NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #41
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
I posted this as a comment to the blog, but it's not showing up in the forum so forgive me for crossposting.

I'm confused. Player ratings are not where they should be and that makes the mode "stale"? I think you're trying to prove a point about apples by talking about oranges.

If you are going to make an argument about a game being stale, you need to address the actual mechanics of the game and how tired they may be. For example, the core football gameplay (where the most time is spent), which most everyone has thoroughly lauded, or recruiting interface, which EA changed this year, and I think for the better. Or the Dynasty Wire in Online Dynasty, which is a very underrated addition.

You may have a point about something, and I want coaches to matter more as much as the next guy, but I don't think this article effectively argues that NCAA is "stale."
I took the original post by the OS writer as him using the "broken" recruit ratings/progression/whatever as a crutch to prop us his argument that dynasty mode is stale and needs to be overhauled. From my standpoint, the two things are mutually exclusive of each other. The ratings/progression/whatever problem would presumably be the same even if dynasty mode was focused on the coaches, as he lobbies for. And even if that problem didn't exist or is fixed, I don't think that'll satisfy what he's looking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I feel the frustration, but for myself...I never go further than yr 4 or 5 anyway.

But it should be addressed.

I play on VARSITY recruiting and i have seen ALOT of recruits come in with great stats in AWR etc(for both me and the CPU). Dont know if that has anything to do with it. But i am only in yr 2.
I also play on Varsity recruiting and don't see the horrendous WR stats that people have complained about... i have to admit it feels as though the AWR is low and I really have only looked at mostly 3* recruits and lower, but if this is somehow tied to the recruiting difficulty level i would have no problems setting it to Freshman and playing with house rules.

Someone who doesn't enjoy the game as much as me should look into this
Old 07-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I see another one of these threads and I am going to just quit coming to the NCAA forum. Matter of fact, hell i am done with this forum. It is STUPID here!
I can guarantee with 100% of my heart that you will be missed....
Old 07-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #44
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

The same writer had the game for several weeks before writing his review and gave the game a 9 (exceptional.) Has the rating changed since then? He must never have gotten to year 2 of his dynasty during that time.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #45
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
The same writer had the game for several weeks before writing his review and gave the game a 9 (exceptional.) Has the rating changed since then? He must never have gotten to year 2 of his dynasty during that time.
Good catch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #46
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
I didn't writenthe review for the game, Christian McLeod did. If you notice I post all of the articles, but I'm certainly not writing 2-3 a day (much less under 12 different column names)
Old 07-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #47
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY
I took the original post by the OS writer as him using the "broken" recruit ratings/progression/whatever as a crutch to prop us his argument that dynasty mode is stale and needs to be overhauled. From my standpoint, the two things are mutually exclusive of each other. The ratings/progression/whatever problem would presumably be the same even if dynasty mode was focused on the coaches, as he lobbies for. And even if that problem didn't exist or is fixed, I don't think that'll satisfy what he's looking for.
They are mutually exclusive to a certain point. But the real point I'm making is that this brokenness is the result of developers trying to put a fresh coat of paint on a el camino and calling it exciting again.

For those who have played the series for a long time you'll agree: Dynasty mode, at it's core, is the exact same mode it was in 1998. The year is now 2010, I think it's time to rethink the entire process and formula dynasty has gone with for 13 years because yes, it is incredibly stale. You dont have to reinvent the wheel, but at least put some focus back into it (ie be the coach).

Right now, what are you in dynasty mode? The coach? If so then it hardly scratches the surface of the college fb coaching world and on that point alone: it's a highly flawed concept.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #48
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
I posted this as a comment to the blog, but it's not showing up in the forum so forgive me for crossposting.

I'm confused. Player ratings are not where they should be and that makes the mode "stale"? I think you're trying to prove a point about apples by talking about oranges.

If you are going to make an argument about a game being stale, you need to address the actual mechanics of the game and how tired they may be. For example, the core football gameplay (where the most time is spent), which most everyone has thoroughly lauded, or recruiting interface, which EA changed this year, and I think for the better. Or the Dynasty Wire in Online Dynasty, which is a very underrated addition.

You may have a point about something, and I want coaches to matter more as much as the next guy, but I don't think this article effectively argues that NCAA is "stale."
As I said before, it's just another symptom of an aging system in need of a reboot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »