Home

Patch imminent..?

This is a discussion on Patch imminent..? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Patch imminent..?

The things that are wrong with dynasty are very blatant. People on here often ask, "how could they not know about this bug? Don't they do any quality testing?" or something to that effect. And I think they probably do know about the bugs and release the game anyways because they have deadlines to meet. They've probably been working on fixing dynasty progression (and many other issues) since before the game was released.

This game has a ton of annoying bugs. But you can tell that a lot of effort went into it. I'm confident that things will get fixed.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #10

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I pray for two things:

1.) this thing about the patch being out tonight or tomorrow is true (not likely)

2.) us being able to apply the patch without having to restart dynasty

If #2 happens, I think I would be done with the game altogether.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #11
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Even if the patch is "imminent", it still has to be certified, which is usually a 2 week process. Just sayin...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Perhaps what he meant to say is that there will be an announcement for a patch within the next couple of days. No chance an actual patch is released on such short notice (unless EA knew full well the progression problems existed and they just shipped the game off while in the mean time *the last 2 weeks* fixing the problem)

Doubt we see anything, but it is a little hopeful I suppose.

Last edited by DrPhibes; 07-27-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #13
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Makes me glad I never play online or play dynasty. I just play offline with friends and the computer. I like the idea of dynasty, but stuff will always be busted.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #14
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshill
I'd like for this to be true. But I don't think it is. The game will get patched eventually, just hopefully before I hit the offseason in my dynasty.

That may not matter if it is like Madden 08 and you have to start a new dynasty to have the patch actually work.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I pray for two things:

1.) this thing about the patch being out tonight or tomorrow is true (not likely)

2.) us being able to apply the patch without having to restart dynasty

If #2 happens, I think I would be done with the game altogether.
I could live with it with #2.. I could go either way. If they do patch it, I could live with them patching it for all future seasons in current dynasties. It wouldn't be perfect and you'd have some real weird scenarios (ie, 3* HB freshman who is better than a 4* starting Junior HB), but after about 2 or 3 seasons, it'd all even out... And you could pretend in your head that in 2011 - 2014 there was something in the water in the US, and every athlete performed below their talent level

Or, if EA switched things and made it only take effect for new dynasties, I could live with that, honestly. I'll be playing this game for a long time if things are patched correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #16
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
That may not matter if it is like Madden 08 and you have to start a new dynasty to have the patch actually work.
but if it's like NCAA 10(progression was changed, cut nearly in half from what it previously was), you wont. depends on what they actually change.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »