Home

Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #33
gTg
Rookie

gTg's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

I have to agree that it's the vocal minority throwing a hissy fit over the Strat Pad.

The casual Madden user is going to appreciate it, not only because its more user friendly, but because it stops cheesers and "pros" from executing ridiculous, unrealistic formation dancing.

People just can't deal with change, which is funny because the same people cry for a true physics engine every year (not that I disagree, I love Backbreaker's animation).

I've toyed with the demo, and after a few games it became pretty easy to squeeze in quite a few adjustments before the snap. Not as many as the previous system, sure, but it wasn't like I was scrambling to make just one, which is how many people make it sound.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #34
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I get the feeling that people who are ok with it don't make the type of adjustments that I and others who have a problem with it do

Heres an example from me on just a basic D Setup:

one I like to use is that could have multiple variations depending on Run or Pass,

3-3-5 Nickle LB Rams
Pinch the Line
Hot Route Two of the LBs into yellow zones and LB shift left or right to wherever the most Wrs are lined up....but then switch back to the Blitzing LB and move him to rush off the edge of a DE

Then maybe I'll shift the D-line some more as well

This is just basic stuff that I do and its already been hampered by this "strategy pad"

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 07-28-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #35
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTg
I have to agree that it's the vocal minority throwing a hissy fit over the Strat Pad.

The casual Madden user is going to appreciate it, not only because its more user friendly, but because it stops cheesers and "pros" from executing ridiculous, unrealistic formation dancing.

People just can't deal with change, which is funny because the same people cry for a true physics engine every year (not that I disagree, I love Backbreaker's animation).

I've toyed with the demo, and after a few games it became pretty easy to squeeze in quite a few adjustments before the snap. Not as many as the previous system, sure, but it wasn't like I was scrambling to make just one, which is how many people make it sound.
Exactly people make it sound like they can't get in one or 2 adjustments. If you can't thats because YOU can't not because the system doesn't allow you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #36
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
The goal of the Strategy Pad was to unify all the preplay controls into one consistent set of controls, rather than having buttons all over the place do different things. Granted, we're all used to those buttons being all over the place, but to a new gamer the previous system could be understandably intimidating.
It was new to all of us at one point. Was it ever "intimidating" to you? I would venture a hunch that the number of potential players that are scared off by the button layout that has been around for years is far smaller than the number of players that will be pissed that this is being changed for no good reason.

Also, I will never EVER understand why EA constantly institutes these stupid changes, and doesn't just give the simple ability for users to switch the damn thing back. I'm still not fully used to Sprint being the damn right trigger (though I think you can finally change the buttons now).
Old 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #37
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

OVR: 2

NO STRATEGY PAD. Status quo or bust. I will not buy NCAA 12 if they make these garbage changes from Madden 11.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

kng23rich - memorization doesn't change the strategy pads lack of responsiveness. I had several occasions last night where i'd input a memorized hot route and pull up the play art and it hadn't registered. I had delays of game due to it. Sorry but I wish only memorizing the new options was all there was to it but that's not the issue here.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 25

Better not be in NCAA12....I would not be a happy camper. Getting used to it now, but its still is a terrible design choice.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #40
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
kng23rich - memorization doesn't change the strategy pads lack of responsiveness. I had several occasions last night where i'd input a memorized hot route and pull up the play art and it hadn't registered. I had delays of game due to it. Sorry but I wish only memorizing the new options was all there was to it but that's not the issue here.
Ah now if its not registering what your inputing I can see it as being a big problem. I didn't encounter that but if others are then yes it is a problem. I would hate to think I entered something in then give up a touchdown because it didn't register from lack of responsiveness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »