Home

Recruiting takes a step back

This is a discussion on Recruiting takes a step back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:42 AM   #9
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting takes a step back

Well the random topic thing is to reflect the Recruit choosing what to talk about since it is THEIR future so if they wanna know what type of ham you use in the school restaurants then he has the right to askm thats why I like it more then the past games
Carolina Panthers
Old 07-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSports
Well the random topic thing is to reflect the Recruit choosing what to talk about since it is THEIR future so if they wanna know what type of ham you use in the school restaurants then he has the right to askm thats why I like it more then the past games
Agreed. Personally I love the new recruiting.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #11
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

This is the first time on a next gen system that I have actually gotten into recruiting. The last few years haven't been very good, but this one just keeps me going and actually involved in my recruiting. It is just awesome when you see an unkown pitch come up that you have a high grade in, then the recruit you really need has a very high in it. It also is deflating when your best pitch is his least important one. Plus I actually feel like I am doing something when trying to lower his interest in another school.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I love the new recruiting system. I also love the difficulty options. AA is doing great for me at the moment.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
In the past, you really only needed to have two topics where you had an A/A+ and the recruit had high/very high interest.
Do I think that recruiting is perfect? No. Can I see how some might find it boring? Sure. But compare apples to apples. Compared to NCAA 10, the recruiting system is much better. Having to maneuver the conversation (Oh, do I want to risk this topic or not) is far better than last years "Topic A, topic A, oh, his interest went down, topic B, topic B, topic B..." no doubt about it.

So I accept you might not like it. But I'm still happy because EA is moving in the right direction. Personally, I quite like it. I wish there were some improvements... If I'm a B in Tradition, and my #1 opponent is an A, I want to be able to talk down the importance of Tradition and make it less important to my recruit, and I don't seem to be able to do that this year.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #14
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I love the new recruiting system and the challange of it this years compared to other years.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

This year's recruiting has me playing through Dynasty more then any previous year. Normally I'd play a few games of a dynasty and start with a new team.

The Recruiting has made me want to stick with a team for a couple years (until the low scores kill the dynasty).

I've had as much fun fighting for a 1* punter (a juco at that, but it was hella fun) as I have a 4* MLB. Matter of fact those experiences were far better then some of my Dynasty games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 7

Put me in the 'Love recruiting this year' category. I think it's miles ahead of last year. I'm a numbers guy and I love to see exactly how stuff works, so this system is right up my alley. I know it may not be the absolute most realistic, and usually I'm all about as much realism in games as possible, but in this case, for me, the fun factor outweighs the lack of realism.

The main things they need to do at this point with recruiting are:

1. Make the CPU teams recruit more realistically and stop signing way more players than they need at certain positions while ignoring positions they have big needs in.

2. The CPU teams need to recruit players that match their playing styles (ie. 'Scrambling' QB for an option attack offense, rather than a big, slow 'Pocket Passer').

3. Make it so that when a school signs a recruit at a certain position, if they still continue to try to sign more recruits at the same position, they take an interest hit for those recruits. It shouldn't be impossible to get an extra player or two at the same position, but rarely if ever would you see a third or fourth QB recruit sign with a school that already signed two, for example.

4. Make incoming 2 & 3-star players rated a little higher (see the hundreds of threads on this topic).

The on field gameplay is the best it's ever been on next gen. Even though it still needs some work, it's very, very solid. Fixing this stuff in recruiting would jack this game into the 9+ rating range for me. As it is now, it's in the 7.5-8.0 range.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »