Home

Setting up your recruiting board

This is a discussion on Setting up your recruiting board within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 22
Setting up your recruiting board

Does anyone have any tips on how to set it up?

I usually, put around 15-20 players that I have a real good shot at landing, on the board first. Then for the final 15 spots, I'll usually put some of the top rated (blue chip) recruits, and hope by some miracle I can convince them that my school is the place to go, but if by the 3rd or 4th week, their still not interested, I'll move on. Also, if I have a need at FB, TE, K, P, I'll usually go for the top player, and if he's not too far down the line the top interested player at those positions, since they generally don't have many top 200 prospects,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Crono139's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Setting up your recruiting board

I keep my board completely full at all times as (I believe) you gain points with a recruit simply being on your board. I then create my tiers of who deserves the most time, who deserves moderate time, and the who I can wait on (no minutes used for these guys). In those tiers, they are ranked according to point deficits, and leads.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

First off add the best interested players available at the positions you have to fill.

After that it depends on the caliber of school you have. If your a small school then I would add any players that are quality for you school that have intrest starting with pipeline states. If your a 3 star school it may be any 4 stars and a the top 3 stars. Also add all quality players that have you as their top school so you can get instant commits.

If your a high profile school add the top guys interested and sort thru the others interested to find guys that fit. Look close at ratings and pick the best.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

i don't fill my board b/c of the random x2 multiplier you get every once and a while which can really be a game changer and it's wasted on a guy just sitting on your board.

i usually try to target 15 guys a week distributing 40 min equally. i might start off with 18-20 guys on the board b/c it seems i always lose 1-4 guys in the first couple of weeks as insta-commits elsewhere. texas seems to be the insta-commit king.
Chicago White Sox
Old 07-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
Rookie

CrossTown's Arena

OVR: 1

I have 10 to 12 guys on my board at a time. When one commits, add another. I feel need more then anything, and thats personal preference. I usually ignore what the game says I need unless its glaringly obvious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

generally stick with my needs at sprinkled in with a few wants at first.

basically hitting my needs early is my main goal.

i've had a lot of time to tinker this year, so for now i'm kind of just playing around seeing what works best for me.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

For me the first week I offer a scholarship to every 5*, 4*, and maybe 3* (if it is a need) that has my school as the top school trying to get the instant commits. Then I keep around 10 players on the recruiting board at a time and replace them if they sign or I get too far behind.

For me I figure if I can get the players, I can find a place for them. I really only target recruits that are interested so I dont waste time going for somebody I cant get.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Can you remove a player that has committed to you and keep them in your class? That is, does the limit of 35 players on your board have to include your committed players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »