Home

Ranked matches getting old?

This is a discussion on Ranked matches getting old? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #17
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ranked matches getting old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
What's the incentive to life? You just die anyways?

All kidding aside, that's why they have many options. Personally I see no incentive to play a ranked game. It doesn't appeal to me. I like all things associated with the online dynasty mode, so that's what I play.
You do realize I was making fun of his absurd post correct?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

So you refuse to play against Texas, Florida... pretty much any ranked team? The only team that needs to be avoided is Alabama, any other team is fair in my opinion....
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #19
Rookie

DR.Psych's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
What is the incentive to playing any game?????
In Dynasty mode, your playing a season and there is a purpose to the game mode (like playing a campaign mode in an action/adventure game). People play 100s of ranked BELIEVING there is an incentive to be ranked so high and there is none. This leads to the "cheesing" and abuse of the game seen in online matches.

Are you one of the people who plays 100s of ranked games?

Last edited by DR.Psych; 08-02-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #20
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

I've never been one to play random people online via "play now games". I tried it in Madden 09 and 10, and just didn't like it. I do join in a Online Dynasty/Franchise with friends, but they loose interest halfway through the year.

The meat and potatoes of NCAA 11 for me is the dynasty mode, where I can loose myself for hours playing games and recruiting.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #21
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndhandsoxx
So you refuse to play against Texas, Florida... pretty much any ranked team? The only team that needs to be avoided is Alabama, any other team is fair in my opinion....
I just dont play Alabama, Ohio State, and Miami. The latter 2 because everyone I've faced who used them cheesed the hell out of the dual-threat QB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #22
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.Psych
In Dynasty mode, there your playing a season and there is a purpose to the game mode (like playing a campaign mode in an action/adventure game).
People play 100s of ranked BELIEVING there is an incentive to be ranked so high and there is none. This leads to the "cheesing" and abuse of the game seen in online matches.

Are you one of the people who plays 100s of ranked games?
But you are still playing a game, a simulation of reality. What is funny is your supposed argument is actually countered by what you reference in the following sentence. The incentive for any game is to have fun, if someone has fun playing 100's of ranked games online then that is their incentive....for you - you prefer to play a dynasty, and have fun with that - thus that is your incentive for playing NCAA '11.

I enjoy both...but to each their own.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #23
Rookie

DR.Psych's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
But you are still playing a game, a simulation of reality. What is funny is your supposed argument is actually countered by what you reference in the following sentence. The incentive for any game is to have fun, if someone has fun playing 100's of ranked games online then that is their incentive....for you - you prefer to play a dynasty, and have fun with that - thus that is your incentive for playing NCAA '11.

I enjoy both...but to each their own.
Thank you for stating the obvious. Yes, it is a game. Video games are played because they're are fun, not arguing that. Think critically, go under the surface. Do you not understand, that the game mode has no purpose? What is the point of playing 100s of ranked games?

What was OP thread title?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.Psych
Thank you for stating the obvious. Yes, it is a game. Video games are played because they're are fun, not arguing that. Think critically, go under the surface. Do you not understand, that the game mode has no purpose? What is the point of playing 100s of ranked games?

What was OP thread title?
Maybe he plays ranked games because it's fun to him. I'd rather play against another human then the CPU all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »