Home

Ranked matches getting old?

This is a discussion on Ranked matches getting old? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Angry Ranked matches getting old?

Not sure if there is another forum for this, but I have to see if anyone else thinks this. It seems like now on every ranked match I play, I am always matched up with someone who will do all these cheap @ss things. For example, Ive had it where they would run a wildcat option play and no matter how I blitzed them, he would always torch me. Or they would roll out all the way and throw it in the exact opposite direction. I just need to know if this is happening to anyone else, and how to stop it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ranked matches getting old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmollohan12
Not sure if there is another forum for this, but I have to see if anyone else thinks this. It seems like now on every ranked match I play, I am always matched up with someone who will do all these cheap @ss things. For example, Ive had it where they would run a wildcat option play and no matter how I blitzed them, he would always torch me. Or they would roll out all the way and throw it in the exact opposite direction. I just need to know if this is happening to anyone else, and how to stop it.
Yea I dont play online that much people tend to cheese alot
Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Prob because most of the sim players got tired of playing these guys and now thats all that is left lol. Get some people on your friends list from this site if you want to play sim. Playing ranked sports games online is always awful and its never gonna change.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I encounter people like that maybe 25% of the time. If you advertise in the chat (if you go to the lobbies) that you want a str8 game, you can usually get one.

I just played an intense game. Kentucky vs Houston (me). I think we went to 7 OT's, it was hilarious. It was probably the most fun I've ever had in an online ranked game. I lost 69-66, but it was great. Str8 game too.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

I thought trying unranked matches would help solve this problem, but it hasn't. First, I haven't actually finished an unranked game yet, people quit in every single one. I've alternated Maryland and Wake Forest because these are the two teams I'm down to in my search for a dynasty team... I've played Florida twice, Ohio State twice and Oregon once. I destroyed all 5 opponents and they all quit.

Most of them would just run around and do stupid stuff just like regular ranked online games. Your best bet is to do one of two things:

1) Advertise that you want to play B (or B-) or lower games. That isn't fool proof because some cheesers have lesser ranked teams, but I've found that when you play lower ranked teams, you find more legit football.

2) Just ask for a straight game, sure you'll get the one or two idiots trying to take advantage of that, but in most cases, you'll find a legit game.

The last thing is just to find people you know on the boards or wherever, that is the best way to find a legit game. Or join a league/online dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 01:29 AM   #6
Rookie

DR.Psych's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmollohan12
There is really no incentive to playing ranked matches. Honestly, what do people gain from playing 100s of games online? Nothing.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisgator
I encounter people like that maybe 25% of the time. If you advertise in the chat (if you go to the lobbies) that you want a str8 game, you can usually get one.

I just played an intense game. Kentucky vs Houston (me). I think we went to 7 OT's, it was hilarious. It was probably the most fun I've ever had in an online ranked game. I lost 69-66, but it was great. Str8 game too.
7 OT??!? thats crazy. and sucks that you lost after all that. but yeah I think that ill try doing that from now on.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHusker25
I thought trying unranked matches would help solve this problem, but it hasn't. First, I haven't actually finished an unranked game yet, people quit in every single one. I've alternated Maryland and Wake Forest because these are the two teams I'm down to in my search for a dynasty team... I've played Florida twice, Ohio State twice and Oregon once. I destroyed all 5 opponents and they all quit.

Most of them would just run around and do stupid stuff just like regular ranked online games. Your best bet is to do one of two things:

1) Advertise that you want to play B (or B-) or lower games. That isn't fool proof because some cheesers have lesser ranked teams, but I've found that when you play lower ranked teams, you find more legit football.

2) Just ask for a straight game, sure you'll get the one or two idiots trying to take advantage of that, but in most cases, you'll find a legit game.

The last thing is just to find people you know on the boards or wherever, that is the best way to find a legit game. Or join a league/online dynasty.
Thanks. I really appreciate it. Hopefully I can avoid these people from now on. And ps, I was amazed at one of the matches I got; I was playing as georgia and this guy chose UTEP. Needless to say I creamed him. But again thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »