Home

Is it pointless to continue your dynasty?

This is a discussion on Is it pointless to continue your dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #49
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Is it pointless to continue your dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
so just to clarify, current recruits' ratings are too low, and the new patch will fix this issue to raise recruits' ratings up a bit.

in addition, these changes will affect current, in-progress offline and online dynasties moving forward, meaning that they will not affect current or past recruits in the dynasty, but will fix all recruits in future years without having to re-start your dynasty from scratch. is that correct?
From what we know, which is limited at this point, it's probably safe to assume that this is the case, considering you could last year after it was patched. But as of now, no one actually knows if this is the case though.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 08-01-2010, 03:26 AM   #50
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

i don`t know.
does the patch fix the current recruits? i mean, those that are on the recruit board?
how about progression? when does the progression triggers?
Old 08-01-2010, 03:36 AM   #51
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'm sitting at the bowl game of my current season, and haven't read up really on the problem this is fixing, it sounds like I'll be better off if I wait until after the patch to conclude this season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRthaTruth
Same boat im in...im going to play my bowl game then wait it out...smh
Guess I will be starting over with the patch, went to play my bowl game tonight and it says my file is damaged and cannot be loaded. Was on a 10 game winning streak with UNLV in my second season.

Annoyed, probably done playing for a bit, or until after Madden is here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 03:56 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Guess I will be starting over with the patch, went to play my bowl game tonight and it says my file is damaged and cannot be loaded. Was on a 10 game winning streak with UNLV in my second season.

Annoyed, probably done playing for a bit, or until after Madden is here.
Sorry for the bad luck.

I always have three saved copies of my dynasty just to protect myself and my time from stuff like this happening.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:46 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 21
Question Re: Is it pointless to continue your dynasty?

im only in week 2 of year 2, and i had a terrible recruiting class with pitt. i tried to get too many guys not interested and only landed a couple 4 star guys. i have a stacked class of recruits interested this year and i was wondering what is the problem? i didn't get any 5-star guys last year so is it that they are too low, or that they arent progressing? my progression seemed pretty realistic in the offseason
Old 08-01-2010, 05:16 AM   #54
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Honestly, no one can say positively whether or not they will have to start over or not, because no one knows what will be "fixed" by the first tuner set or LTP as they are referring to it. We simply know they are doing some things to recruiting and progression. They didn't get more detailed than that.

But, we know EA is watching now. It would be cool if they would just answer the "yes you'll have to start over" or "no, it'll be fixed from where you are now" question. Sure its a bit too tricky though.

I'm lucky that I haven't had much time to play and my offline and my online with my friend will both just be getting to the end of Year 1 by Tuesday (the day when most DLC drops on XBL) - and I don't see one bad class affecting the dynasty in a significant way.

Horrible kickers don't bother me that much in college football. I think this is the first year Michigan will have a scholarship kicker in like the last 80 years...

Last edited by pokerplaya; 08-01-2010 at 05:18 AM. Reason: "year one"
Old 08-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #55
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
i don`t know.
does the patch fix the current recruits? i mean, those that are on the recruit board?
how about progression? when does the progression triggers?
I doubt it'll fix the already generated recruits. it probably wont change anything until the next set of recruits get generated(when you go to pre-season).

not sure if progression is going to change, personally, I don't think it needs to change much as the problem is more with the generated recruits themselves and not how they progress. if it did, it doesn't take effect until the off-season when you advance to the training results section.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »