Home

Bowl Games

This is a discussion on Bowl Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Bowl Games

I am waiting for Madden 11 to come out before I decide to either buy NCAA 11 or Madden 11.

But does anyone know if the issues with bowl games have been fixed?
Primarily:

-New bowl games added (Pinstripe and Cotton Bowl Classic)
-Updated and correct bowl tie-ins (i.e. Alamo Bowl will have Big XII and Pac10 not Big Ten)
-No 5-7 teams getting in.
-No 6-6 teams getting in unless all 7-5 teams are taken

Thanks,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Bowl Games

Well the Cotton Bowl has always been in, and I can tell u the Pinstripe Bowl is not in...not sure about the tie-ins, haven't made it that far yet......and again there is no bowl patches....and another little thing that annoys me is on the NC field, there is only a BCS logo and not the actual NC game logo...the little things lol
Old 07-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Cotton Bowl is in I played in it with Georgia vs A&M. It was in Cowboy Stadium but never did get a good view to see if the "Jerrytron" is in.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Cotton Bowl is in I played in it with Georgia vs A&M. It was in Cowboy Stadium but never did get a good view to see if the "Jerrytron" is in.

It's in there.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeclone
It's in there.
I was hopping to see a replay on it but never did. Glade its in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

The Bowl Tie ins are pretty much garbage.

I know next to no of the Big East Bowl Tie Ins are accurate in this game sans the BCS Bowl.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeclone
It's in there.
One of the things that depresses me in most sports-gaming is the lack of connection for the audience to the crowd, town, or area.

The only tie-in is the generic, "this stadium makes this city the ___ most populated city in the state."

Unique stadium attributes, like the jerrytron, or the invention of gatorade in florida, are never heard. how about the fact that ohio st. does not have a lighted field, but brings in lighting for big games?

these are unique facts about places/teams that give the audience a connection to the team. instead, they are just so generic with everything, which makes it so boring and repetitive.

like for bowl games, they should talk about the history of the bowl game during the game, maybe some big plays, etc.

I think NBA 2k10 did a great job of trying to capture this, refering to things happening in the dynasty like trades and the importance of the trades and how they affect things.

its good to have a script, but at times its nice to deviate from it and give the audience something a little more interesting to listen too.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
Well the Cotton Bowl has always been in, and I can tell u the Pinstripe Bowl is not in...not sure about the tie-ins, haven't made it that far yet......and again there is no bowl patches....and another little thing that annoys me is on the NC field, there is only a BCS logo and not the actual NC game logo...the little things lol
I think he means the Dallas Football Classic. Which is a new bowl that i think is played at the old Cotton Bowl stadium in Dallas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »