Home

Am I the only one seeing this crazy comeback A.I.??

This is a discussion on Am I the only one seeing this crazy comeback A.I.?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Am I the only one seeing this crazy comeback A.I.??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
I totally see this, too. It's been an EA trademark for years. You can tell when it's happening when your WRs can't catch, your blockers can't block, your HBs can't hang onto the ball, your QB can't complete a pass to his own team, and the other team turns into superheros, breaking blocks, completing pass after pass, and becoming unstoppable.

When this happens, and I lose a 21 point lead in 3 minutes because of it, I have no problem lowering the difficulty to freshman and nerfing the sliders. It's not possible to kill the clock against a team that is in the backfield before the ball is with all its timeouts.
Thank you Im glad someone sees this. to everyone who says its not there I dont know if its something in the code of the game or what but it is there. Everyone is telling me to milk the clock when the running backs are averaging like -6 yards per carry in the second half then you end up in a 3 and 18. All you can do IS pass.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #18
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayishere
Maybe at some point you need to stop passing and start playing ball control, especially if you're up by 28.

Sound advice but if robo qb shows up, all you'll be doing is going 3 and out and giving the cpu the ball more...you cant burn off an entire half, the cpu will make u fumble, or lay a convenient holding penalty on you..

focus on how you defend when the cpu goes off...what are they doing and how can you bend but not break, make THEM use the clock..
Old 08-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
yeah, I've had this happen to me quite often. I was using OU and playing Air Force. End of the first quarter, I was up 28-0. By the 4th quarter I was only up 35-24 or so, and they were shutting me down completely.

I keep the HFA turned off now b/c I want all players to play up to their maximum potential and not get stupid penalties or fumble at bad times.

Shame on you for running it up on a service academy!!

(:
Old 08-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #20
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

There is no such thing as Comeback AI. Your problem is that you are calling the same plays too many times. If you mix it up and will most likely not have this problem.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

If I am playing a rival game away, I see these things happen alot. I have coped by pulling my QB.. and it really helps. All of a sudden guys are open again..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #22
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

This is nothing new. Surprised EA hasnt advertised it as a "feature" yet.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

oh jeebus.....

clock management....if your winning big, just run it up the middle and burn as much clock as you need to....

ive been up 17-0 before in the 3rd quater and ended up winning the game 17-14....

didn't bother me much......the last touchdown the scored came with 8 seconds to play.....

burn that clock
Old 08-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #24
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I won't get into the comeback debate, but I have always felt that EA football games juice up the offense in crunch time.....both offenses. I have benefited many times myself. There have been games where I have been shut down all game, but we get into the 4th quarter, and suddenly I can blindly throw fade routes in double coverage and the recievers start pulling them in. On paper I suppose it makes the games look more exciting....but feels kind of cheesy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »