Home

Anyone just play offense and super sim D?

This is a discussion on Anyone just play offense and super sim D? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone just play offense and super sim D?

Does supersim still have the issue/problem where it runs far too many plays for the time. It at least it used to in past years run plays as if no time would run off the clock between plays.

So for instance, a 3 running play and punt drive would take the same amount of time off the clock as a 3 incomplete pass drive.

It made for some very unrealistic scores and stats in the games I tried it in last year. I have not bothered trying it this year.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
Rookie

In my online dynasty with 8 friends and one of them super sims defense. I'm not going to hate on you if you do it, but it really bugs me when 7 of us are trying to play the game realistically and then one guy is doing that. He is awful at defense so he just has the computer play it.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

For me, controlling a D lineman and getting a sack or shedding a block and tacking the RB in backfield for a 2 yard loss is more rewarding then anything I can do on offensive.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 6

Many years ago, I got tired of the computer AI on offense. They never swapped out runningbacks, called goofy plays in key situation. So, I started controlling the offense for both teams. I never turned back. Now, I can play 15 minute quarters, set the temp to conservative. At first, I manipulated it for my team to win but now the best team wins. It's the only way I can get a true sim experience. That's one of the biggest reasons I don't have too many complaints about the game. Anyone else ever tried this? Like I said, it's hard at first to not let your team win but after a while the feeling wears off. I just want it to be as real as it possibly can be.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
For me, controlling a D lineman and getting a sack or shedding a block and tacking the RB in backfield for a 2 yard loss is more rewarding then anything I can do on offensive.
I play as my safety, reading a run and spearing the running back in the backfield, and forcing him to fumble is absolutely the best feeling in the game. MMMMM i love that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »