Home

This game is too scripted.

This is a discussion on This game is too scripted. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #49
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: This game is too scripted.

I'm 11-0 with Michigan in my first year and have won seven games by 7 points or less and have come from behind three times in the 4th quarter to win. Almost every game has been close and great. I actually feel extremely fortunate to be undefeated (opposite to Canes situation), especially since Nebraska's horrible, horrible game management gave me a win early in the year.

Canes21, while I understand your frustration I don't think you should complain about the poor passes. You have user QB accuracy at 20 which leads to a lot of those.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I play on Heisman and I don't think the CPU cheats at all.

I don't really see people "bashing" the OP. A lot of people seem to disagree with him and are saying as much. Honestly, this is a topic that has been rehashed over and over and over again. There are people who think the AI cheats and people who don't. I've never felt the CPU cheated me out of a game. What else do you want people to say? They are giving their opinions and experiences.

Exactly. I wonder if the cpu feels cheated when I come from behind to win, or when Im having one of those games where everything just goes my way..
Old 08-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #51

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
Although saying the game is scripted for you lose is taking it a tad too far, I can see where the OP is coming from.

I do believe in comeback code though. Had enough instances where that was obviously apparent, like when I was winning 34-7 one time with four minutes left and almost lost. Uconn apparently runs the worlds best no huddle offense and onside unit.

Two onside kick recoveries, the most efficient no huddle offense known to man that was trash in the first 3.5 /4ths of the game, and being impervious to fatigue really pissed me off. Still won 34-28 though...
I don't believe in comeback code. I just think the opponent gets more aggressive...I do the same thing when I am down and have had success making comebacks.

Teams in real life step up when they're down too. Teams down 14-0 early IRL very often score on their next drive simply because they turn it up a notch.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #52

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMike32v2
Heavily disagree this game is very scripted plain and simple when the cpu needs to make a play they are going to make the play whether that involves making your guy fumble, drop a pass, overthrow a receiver, or get a holding penalty. for example 1 minute left your up 6 cpu has the ball on their own 20 They will win the game whether it be some miracle hail mary or a running back breaking 7 tackles its going to happen. then again I play on heisman.

Just my 2 cents
Yeah but when you do it, it's all good huh?

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #53
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey, we made it until the first of August until the "Scripted", and "Comeback A.I. threads appeared. Thats probably a record.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't get a sense of games being scripted, but I do experience well-timed penalties and/or fumbles. I break a 40+ yard run for a TD... holding penalty. My QB is hit and fumbles, the ball is recovered by a HB, who is hit and fumbles, but this time the ball is picked up by a LB, who has a clear path to a 70+ yard TD jaunt. These types of plays seem to happen when the CPU needs them the most. I'll leave it at that.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #55
Rookie

jayishere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMike32v2
Heavily disagree this game is very scripted plain and simple when the cpu needs to make a play they are going to make the play whether that involves making your guy fumble, drop a pass, overthrow a receiver, or get a holding penalty. for example 1 minute left your up 6 cpu has the ball on their own 20 They will win the game whether it be some miracle hail mary or a running back breaking 7 tackles its going to happen. then again I play on heisman.

Just my 2 cents

I have rarely, if ever seen that happen. Sounds like you're just not very good on defense in the clutch, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #56
Rookie

I think people are taking his words out of context. He means it's scripted as in, every time the CPU is down...late in that 4th quarter they get instant offense.

It happens in every game, I was watching my brother player Air Force in his OU dynasty...he was up 40-something to 17 when I walked in, 2:23 to go in the 4th.

They drive down using a crisp passing attack (Air Force runs 90% of the time, so their passing game isn't exactly fearsome) to score. On the kickoff, bam, they get the onside. In two plays their running back breaks 4 tackles for a 30 yard run, then they throw a quick strike to score again. Just like that the CPU narrowed the gap after having NO offense in the first 3 quarters of the game.

If you deny the notion of a comeback code or whatever, you're just in denial. It's not a mere coincidence that in every game the CPU gets this sudden, random, undeserved burst of ridiculously efficient offense added with great luck to get the onside kicks.

It wouldn't be so bad if the CPU didn't get these "boosts" after such a poor 3.5/4ths of the game. Every time, in the 4th, the CPU does this. They don't always win, but it skews stats and makes the game seem closer than it actually was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »