Home

Fix for depth chart issues?

This is a discussion on Fix for depth chart issues? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:39 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Fix for depth chart issues?

Good afternoon all. I just started my 3rd year in dynasty mode looking forward to another great season of NCAA.

Looks like that might not be happening. Upon looking over the team depth charts, I've found that the rosters are pretty much jacked up.

There are QBs playing Punter, LBs playing back up FBs, Safeties playing WRs, DTs playing O line, and just a gang of turmoil in general. Its BAD.

With the OCD I have when it comes to my football titles, I'm sitting there trying to correct all the issues. I actually fixed it last year in Madden and it took a nice lil minute to do. That was for 30+ teams. I dont know if I can do this **** for 100+ teams. Is there any word on this?

If I actually do go through this process, am I going to have to correct the issues for all teams after every year of dynasty? For real?

Somebody tell me they're working on this please. I cant start my season knowing everyones roster is jacked like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #2
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Fix for depth chart issues?

I posted a thread on this as well and I don't know if they will fix it, i hope though. Really, It's a simple fix, all they have to do is make it so players play in their proper positions when auto-ordered. That means SS = SS not SS = CB or CB = FS or freaking QB = WR!!! I've seen so many QB's playing at WR it's unbelievable. It seems every other team has a QB as their #3 or 4 Receiver. And you can tell they're a QB right away, because after they catch the ball, they'll dive almost every single time before contact.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 08-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

It can be fix...check out my "Possible workaround for Broken Dynasty". It will take u some time at the beginning of the season...but until the patch (if any), its about the only way I can play.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 42

Is the QB at WR maybe a result of coding for Wildcat offenses?
Old 08-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

No..u got players at every postion out of wack. The CPU is using overall ratings vs true positons. You gt FB playing DT, QB at SS, WR at FS, the list goes on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm hoping this is fixed with the tuner update, along with ratings fixes this week. I'll wait until that comes out before adding it to the must fix list. Because the ratings are so messed up with players, I'm hoping that this goofy depth chart issue is driven because of that... so when one is fixed, the other is as well.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

At the moment I'm unable to read the official EA blogs due to my internet being down and a restriction/blockpage here at work.

In reference to the blog about tuners and the 2nd patch, does it specifically mention that this will be fixed?

After further scrutinizing the rosters, I've found that many of the teams DO have enough players at each position but as stated by another member in this thread, the A.I. is for some reason using the overall rating to determine who plays at each position.

I checked my edit roster and found that I have 3 FSs as well as depth for many other positions but only 1 of my FSs is actually PLAYING the FS position. Same with the other positions. This goes for my team as well as most other teams.

I have the same ROLB playing 2nd string SS and 3rd string FS. Why?
Another thing to note is that I cant fix ANY of the other squads because you can only edit depth for the team you are controlling. So as of now the other teams are at a big disadvantage and that **** aint gonna fly, I cant play knowing that.

I cant lie, I'm royally pissed off right now. Thats how much I was enjoying this **** until this.

I'm also curious as to why it seems no one else is aware of this. There's like what...5 people in this thread? Come on now.

Oh, and just for ****s and giggles here's a couple of more snafus.

This is random teams: 1. WR starting at punter, 2. MLB playing 2nd string LE AND RE, 3. Same RT playing 2nd string LT/LG/C, 4. HB playing CB.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg. Every team is destroyed.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I'm also curious as to why it seems no one else is aware of this. There's like what...5 people in this thread? Come on now.
It's being discussed in multiple threads.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »