Home

Need clarification on attributes

This is a discussion on Need clarification on attributes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Need clarification on attributes

Has anyone made a list of defintions for all of the attributes? Im makin rosters and was wondering exactly what certain attributes affect specifically and how its translated in the game

Pursuit

Ball Carry Vision (does this affect user cotrolled RB's? Does it affect WR's in YAC situtions?)

Difference between Elusiveness and Break Tackle

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Need clarification on attributes

pursuit is the defensive players ability to take good pursuit angles, lower rating will cause them to take angles that allow extra yards or angles that allow the ball carrier to get past them.

ball carrier vision effects wrs on yac situations, return men on kicks and punts as well as rb and qbs when the are running the ball

elusiveness is the ability to avoid the would be tackler, break tackle is getting loose once the would be tackler has made contact
Old 08-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Banned

What stat canI increase or decrease to affect sacks but not tackles?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm starting to think that ELU has replaced BTK and that BTK doesn't even apply to the game, just like PBK and RBK.

Madden eliminated BTK and both games usually work the same way with ratings, the exception of course is Madden's extra QB ratings.

Anyway, if you look at the ratings, BTK, PBK, and RBK have some of the most random guys at 95+. QBs and WRs leading in BTK and true frosh leading in PBK and RBK.

I think ELU has basically taken the place of BTK. Last year I played a lot with Tebow and Florida, and Demps was more likely to break tackles than Tebow was (Demps has high ELU). Also, in Madden, guys like Reggie Bush and Steve Smith, who have dynamic open field ability and high ELU were the guys I mostly saw break out of the 3-4 man gang tackles.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'm starting to think that ELU has replaced BTK and that BTK doesn't even apply to the game, just like PBK and RBK.

Madden eliminated BTK and both games usually work the same way with ratings, the exception of course is Madden's extra QB ratings.

Anyway, if you look at the ratings, BTK, PBK, and RBK have some of the most random guys at 95+. QBs and WRs leading in BTK and true frosh leading in PBK and RBK.

I think ELU has basically taken the place of BTK. Last year I played a lot with Tebow and Florida, and Demps was more likely to break tackles than Tebow was (Demps has high ELU). Also, in Madden, guys like Reggie Bush and Steve Smith, who have dynamic open field ability and high ELU were the guys I mostly saw break out of the 3-4 man gang tackles.
thats intereng
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
What stat canI increase or decrease to affect sacks but not tackles?
Block shedding, power moves, and finesse moves effect a defensive players ability to get past a defender. Increasing these would increase the defensive player's ability to get past an offensive linemen quicker and get to the quarterback quicker, which should result in more sacks.

It will also result in SOME additional non-sack TFLs where your defensive player gets to the RB before he gets his momentum up more often, however if you don't adjust the defensive players hit power, tackle, or strength ratings, he should see approximately the same tackle-to-broken-tackle ratio.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »