Home

I know I'm glad EA missed this..

This is a discussion on I know I'm glad EA missed this.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
I know I'm glad EA missed this..

The new MSU jerseys. Jesus.

How ugly can they get? If this was the current in game uniforms no way I'd even consider using MSU in a dynasty. Total miss by Nike imo. I hope EA leaves the old style in game next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: I know I'm glad EA missed this..

I agree. There really wasn't anything wrong with the old MSU jerseys but of course money talks.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:21 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I agree. There really wasn't anything wrong with the old MSU jerseys but of course money talks.
Oh I agree money talks but look at Oregon.. they have wicked jerseys and like.. a dozen of them lol. Oregon State did ok... Miami and all the pro combat jerseys are awesome. but this misses so hard.

btw... just saw my bombers in calgary last weekend. tough times. tough times. lol
Old 08-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

The home is pretty much the same as last years, just tweaked. The away looks pretty good and the new helmet is better. The alt is kinda weird but it's cool to even have an alternate. I love the new font compared to the old generic font. I liked the old uniforms, but since we aren't Penn State, Alabama or OSU I am glad we are going with a more modern look.

Small price to pay to become a Nike test school which will help with recruiting, at least one recruit has already mentioned this as a reason why he chose MSU.

The uniforms will look a lot better on smaller players too like all uniforms, Not sure why they picked two LBs as models even if they are our two best players on defense. lol

More flattering pictures:

Old 08-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

^^^Flattering? They still look ugly as hell. Shoulder stripe/piping in particular looks terrible. Also where exactly did the gold come from? That isn't even one of their colors.

Only a Spartan fan could defend those things. Reminds me of something you would see in the Arena league.

Edit: One without the shoulder piping/stripe is fine, the other two are ugly though.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-03-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #6
Rookie

Old 08-03-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
^^^Flattering? They still look ugly as hell. Shoulder stripe/piping in particular looks terrible. Also where exactly did the gold come from? That isn't even one of their colors.

Only a Spartan fan could defend those things. Reminds me of something you would see in the Arena league.
It's bronze like a Spartan shield.

Even the alts are 12131234123213x better than these, so lets just not argue about it.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtothejizA
It's bronze like a Spartan shield.

Even the alts are 12131234123213x better than these, so lets just not argue about it.

Right, except for the fact that the helmet alone is still better than the entire alts for MSU. What exactly makes UM away's jerseys uglier than those alts for MSU anyways? Horrible piping/stripes + terrible font style is somehow less ugly than a couple of lines on UM's jerseys that I don't particular care for.

Spartan fans do crack me up, though.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-03-2010 at 08:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »