Home

Please, Stop

This is a discussion on Please, Stop within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Please, Stop

I agree that that's how it should be. But when you're facing a Bama user that no huddle spams the Power O with Ingram and Co. against a group of DBs, it's hard to do anything overly effective with alignments, as you'll still get blown out of the hole (especially if you didn't pick an equally high powered team). Furthermore, you have to take lag into consideration...the playcalling screen isn't always as responsive as it is offline, which makes it even more difficult to select a better play for the situation. You might also have to shuffle through pages and pages to find a good run stopper, as opposed to just making a check at the line in real football.

It's also easy to disguise your packages via formation subs this year...for example, you can see "1 WR, 2 TE, 2 RB" on the playcalling screen, but then the opponent comes out in a 5 WR spread. Now, obviously, in real football, you can see what players are entering/leaving the field of play before a snap. In NCAA, all we have are manipulable numbers that can be extremely misleading.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
Rookie

ManOfLaMange's Arena

OVR: 7

They fixed the 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB = 5 WR problem this year by showing the numbers of the players. I mean, I doubt we have any rosters but our favorite team memorized, but over time, you should realize that #4 on Alabama is indeed a WR and if it has him as a RB expect some mismatches.

Also, if I remember correctly, GT has done some no-huddle with the option, especially on the script plays, or the first ten plays of the game. Not to mention it is WAY EASIER to stop the no huddle when the player continues to pick the same plays over and over again than it is when they're passing and choosing new plays.

And if you're facing Alabama, and they come out double tight and plan on pounding it, you need to call timeout! It sucks that you have to use them for that, but that happens in real football, they're called basketball-style timeouts and it lets you set your defense.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #11
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

OVR: 1

Just curious, have you actually faced someone that has done a power run spam with a team like Alabama? In theory, yes it's easy to stop, but then you get into the game, and your defenders seem to come down with amnesia -- they are oblivious to the fact that the same play has been run against them five times in a row haha. Clearly, in real football, players will stop and think, "Hmm...they're running the same play again, perhaps I should shoot this gap and stop it in its tracks." But, to do that in NCAA, you have to either find the right defensive play in your extensive playbook, or hot route your coverage before the opponent sprints to the line and presses X almost instantaneously...which isn't an easy task most of the time.

I wish things worked in the game like they did in real life, but unfortunately a lot of things don't. And that is why cheese is possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftroy59
I agree that it's fine when used properly...however it does get somewhat cheesy when you just no huddle to the same Power-O play because your opponent came out in a nickel or some other form of pass-minded front. Because the no-huddler doesn't have to sift through his playbook to find his new play when employing the spam strategy, you barely have any time to adjust either...which makes it quite annoying and difficult to defend. It also definitely isn't "sim".
You sir are right. The no huddle in and of itself is not cheesy but can become so if clearly used in certain ways. To me cheese is anything that is at least not reasonable sim like. Running a goal line formation from the no-huddle many times consecutively is cheese. That is not necessarily an excuse not to adapt and I am not saying it is a reason to lose. But it is lame as hell and definitely cheesy. I run a no huddle about half the time but sim only.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #13
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't think it's cheese, sometimes it gets annoying though when cpu runs the no huddle after gaining about 1~2yards
Old 08-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #14
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfLaMange
I feel like it is, over the last few days I've been surrounded by the opinion that it's cheese, and to me complaining about the no-huddle feels like sour grapes.

If the overwhelming opinion of the OS membership feels like I do, that'd be awesome. I put it in the general section because I wanted to vent on the topic, and I'm cool with some affirmation that I'm right about this.
Totally agree

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »