Home

Is anybody else having the CPU QB turn into John Elway the last 2 min of games?

This is a discussion on Is anybody else having the CPU QB turn into John Elway the last 2 min of games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Is anybody else having the CPU QB turn into John Elway the last 2 min of games?

It should not happen all the time, but it is certainly something that happens in real life in games. Look at how crazy games get in the last few minutes. Just look at the Texas vs Texas Tech game from a couple years ago.

I see quite a few games over the coarse of a season where I just shake my head wondering how a game where teams were kept in check all game all of a sudden can't be stopped half way through the 4th quarter, and games go from 14-7 to 35-31 by the end.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Is anybody else having the CPU QB turn into John Elway the last 2 min of games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbc72
It should not happen all the time, but it is certainly something that happens in real life in games. Look at how crazy games get in the last few minutes. Just look at the Texas vs Texas Tech game from a couple years ago.

I see quite a few games over the coarse of a season where I just shake my head wondering how a game where teams were kept in check all game all of a sudden can't be stopped half way through the 4th quarter, and games go from 14-7 to 35-31 by the end.
Yep. Nothing more frustrating when a QB who went 7 for 23 with 3 picks for the whole game turns into the second coming during the fourth quarter of a close game. Just had another game where it happened. Very disappointing.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Personally, I think it's awesome. I love it when the CPU turns it on down the stretch.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I haven't really seen 'robo QB' since NCAA '09 and so far in NCAA 11, I have not seen it either.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

It happens quite often in AA. i like the challenge. Also i notice if you play almost mistake free, you get rewarded with similar luck. This game really rides on momentum.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #14
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I had some mean comeback AI in my OD against UGA.

There was one play where the QB sat in the pocket for 10 seconds, and delivered a long lob on a comeback route to a wide open WR. Then the QB made some ballerina moves to get a pretty big gain. They both were in the first half though. The real fun part was when I had them 4th and 20, the last chance in the 4th for them to win, and I used my final timeout to rest my defense. The QB passes to a wide open FB 17 yards down the field, then the FB breaks a tackle, and goes out of bounds a half inch short of the 1st down marker. Only, the game gave them the 1st down, and I couldn't challenge on account of no timeouts. Then the CPU delivers a TD pass in the waning seconds in the back of the endzone. So they tied it, and the game went to OT. First play, my RB fumbles, and the CPU decides to **** with me and actually DRIVES to get the touchdown rather than going for the FG upon possession. They throw a TD pass and win.

And the final insult, the game makes that my #1 greatest of all time. Greatness score: around 1450. I got revenge though: beat them down 40-23 in my UF offline dynasty. Hell yea. Then I was rewarded by losing a spot in all 3 polls. lol.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I have not seen this in 11.

It sounds impossible because no one could match the late game heroics of Elway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Yep. Nothing more frustrating when a QB who went 7 for 23 with 3 picks for the whole game turns into the second coming during the fourth quarter of a close game. Just had another game where it happened. Very disappointing.
If he went 7 for 23 with 3 picks...how does he even have the time in the 4th quarter to dig himself out of that hole, regardless of how well he is throwing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »