Home

Dynasty, seven years from now........

This is a discussion on Dynasty, seven years from now........ within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Dynasty, seven years from now........

In some ways the recruit ratings are better than default (you certainly won't have a redshirt sophomore CB with 96 AWR and coverage skils and play recog. in the 90s ala Kirkpatrick of bama) but in others they kind of feel too limited in how high they can get. I'd doubt if a team could get a RB in the vein of Ingram with the current ratings. I don't know if that's true, but I would seriously doubt it given what I DO know about recruit ratings and progression.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #18
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
I don't understand why having the talent level in the future match up with the current level is such a bad thing. Who cares if the current rosters are overrated? Doesn't the game play pretty well with the starting rosters?

It really doesn't make sense that each team still drops in overall talent after a while. Nobody is asking for teams of all 99 ovr players. But what is so bad with keeping the talent level consistent? The game is basically saying that the talent level in college football is going to decrease over the years, and every single team is going to be worse than what it is now. Sure the tuner helped a little bit, but it still isn't where it should be.
Worse is a relative term. Going from A- to B+ doesn't really make your team worse if everyone else drops a grade. At B+, your team is still better than everyone who dropped to B or below. Nothing has really changed.

The main concern, which I guess is what you might be getting at, is that the lower overall ratings will show up in gameplay. I'm not sure whether that will be the case or not because I haven't gotten that far. It might seem like running backs will fumble more or not be able to break off longer runs because their ratings are lower, but you have to remember that the defense will have lower ratings as well. I think to some extent it will balance out.

I guess what I'm getting at is unless the gameplay is affected drastically, the letter grades are only important in telling us how teams stack up against each other, and not exactly how they will play.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #19
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

I think they should have just lowered the default roster ratings in line of that with the recruit ratings so there was some consistency to the whole process. There seems to be a disconnect between the default rosters and rosters with created recruits that really affects gameplay. In the first couple of years of a dynasty the gameplay is really fun because the players on the default roster generally tend to be more skilled than the created recruits. Six years down the road the lower ratings of the recruits have a substantial effect on the quality of the lower tiered teams to where it's downright boring to play lower ranked teams. In my opinion, they should have just settled on lowering both the default and recruit ratings in order to bring some stability to dynasty mode.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Worse is a relative term. Going from A- to B+ doesn't really make your team worse if everyone else drops a grade. At B+, your team is still better than everyone who dropped to B or below. Nothing has really changed.

The main concern, which I guess is what you might be getting at, is that the lower overall ratings will show up in gameplay. I'm not sure whether that will be the case or not because I haven't gotten that far. It might seem like running backs will fumble more or not be able to break off longer runs because their ratings are lower, but you have to remember that the defense will have lower ratings as well. I think to some extent it will balance out.

I guess what I'm getting at is unless the gameplay is affected drastically, the letter grades are only important in telling us how teams stack up against each other, and not exactly how they will play.
Well actually my main concern is the Madden draft classes. I don't think it will work too well if the first few classes are above the talent level of the following classes. Not to mention they still have issues with the WR abilities...

Aside from that, I am trying to improve my team, not watch as the team becomes worse. Yes, every team becomes worse over time, so the gameplay might not be affected that much. But why can't they just keep it consistent? For me, it's just kind of hard to put all this time and effort into building a good team, only to watch them get worse (even if all the other teams are getting worse at the same time).

If they don't do anything else to it, I guess I'll just have to deal with it. But I am not really satisfied with the way this tuner "fixed" things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »