Home

OK, what am I doing wrong?

This is a discussion on OK, what am I doing wrong? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
OK, what am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to hit the triangle button (PS3) to initiate either the team celebration or "go celebrate with the mascot", but I hit the triangle button and nothing. It doesn't work. Is there some sort of trick to this?

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: OK, what am I doing wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I'm trying to hit the triangle button (PS3) to initiate either the team celebration or "go celebrate with the mascot", but I hit the triangle button and nothing. It doesn't work. Is there some sort of trick to this?

I don't hit anything. After a score, sometimes it'll say "celebrate w/ mascot", and I just run to where he is and it's an automatic celebration.

Others, I just stand next to a teammate, and same thing----an auto celebration.

I don't think there's a celebration button this year.......
Old 08-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I don't hit anything. After a score, sometimes it'll say "celebrate w/ mascot", and I just run to where he is and it's an automatic celebration.

Others, I just stand next to a teammate, and same thing----an auto celebration.

I don't think there's a celebration button this year.......
I'm pretty sure this is right. I've run over the the mascot a couple times. And I scored on a dive play once and my running back turned around and did a leaping chest bump with the tight end.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
Rookie

brentech's Arena

OVR: 1

If the school you're playing for has a certain celebration in the game, you'll see it prompting you to press Y/(triangle) in order to start it.

That's separate from celebrating with the mascot though, as if you want to do that, if he's available, you just have to run up to it.

Sometimes diving into the endzone locks you into a getting up animation...same with just running too far through the back of the endzone. But both things work properly if they're available to you.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Your team has to have a famous hand sign to do a Team Celebration. Texas' Hook 'Em, Florida's Gator Chomp, Florida State's Tomahawk, etc. That is the only thing that triggers the TC button. When you score and a TC is available, it will say Press ^ or Press Y, depending on the system, of course. And you have to have a mascot to celebrate with it, obviously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Your team has to have a famous hand sign to do a Team Celebration. Texas' Hook 'Em, Florida's Gator Chomp, Florida State's Tomahawk, etc. That is the only thing that triggers the TC button. When you score and a TC is available, it will say Press ^ or Press Y, depending on the system, of course. And you have to have a mascot to celebrate with it, obviously.
This. A lot of schools don't have a team celebration, but certain schools do.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Miami does the U.

I think South Florida does the same thing as Texas..maybe...

Anyone know of a complete list?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

1. Arizona State-Pitch Fork (index, middle, and pinky finger extended, thumb holding down the ring finger. For those more streetwise, it looks like The Shocker)

2. Baylor- Sic Em (Bear Claw, all 5 fingers extended and slightly bent)

3. Colorado- Buffalo Head (see Hook Em)

4. Florida- Gator Chomp (extending both arms out and bringing them together and apart in a biting motion)

5. Florida State- Tomahawk (forming a right angle with the arm, usually the right arm, and extending straight and returning to the angle multiple times, most commonly to the beat of War Chant, which is usually played every 4 seconds)

6. Houston- Cougar Paw? (similar to ASU's Pithfork, but with the fingers curved)

7. Miami- The U (holding both hands up with the thumbs horizontal and touching...[]__[])

8. SMU- Pony Up (Similar to USCs Victory sign, but with the fingers curved)

9. South Florida- Bull Horns (see Hook Em)

10. TCU- Frog Horns (identical to Houston's Cougar Paw)

11. Tennessee- UT (resembling Terrell Owens T.O. celebration with the arms, extending the arms vertically, i.e. touchdown signal, then lowering them horizontally)

12. Texas- Hook Em (extending the index and pinky finger while holding down the middle and ring fingers with the thumb)

13. Texas A&M- Gig Em (an overly excited thumbs up)

14. Texas Tech- Guns Up (thumb and index finger extended with middle, ring and pinky finger closed and touching the palm. Horribly massacred in NCAA Football 10 and 11.)

15. USC- Victory (an overglorified peace sign)

16. Utah- The Mighty U (similar to The U from Miami, but with only the index finger and thumb extended. This is not in the game.)

17.UTEP- The Pick Axe (joining of the arms at the elbow, with the pinky side of the hands together. Both hands in a fist with the exception of the thumbs, which stick out in opposite directions. Again not in the game. Not recommended for us fat people out there, for the elbows will never meet.)

18. Washington- UDub (similar to the West Side gang sign, which involves wrapping the middle finger behind the ring finger and extending the index and pinky finger. Not recommended in shadier neighborhood or the occasional East Coast-West Coast rap war. Again, not in the game.)

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 08-06-2010 at 05:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »