Home

Anyone use Custom Conference? (Dynasty Mode)

This is a discussion on Anyone use Custom Conference? (Dynasty Mode) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #9
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Anyone use Custom Conference? (Dynasty Mode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Ultimately, the biggest problem is scheduling.

The 8 and 9 team conferences are easy, everyone plays everyone, and you have 4/5 non-conference games to custom schedule.

Outside of that though, the scheduling isn't so easy.
I completely agree with all of this, however I don't think it truly would be that difficult to code properly. If you add a team to a conference, and the conference becomes larger then 12 teams a few things should happen.

1. You should be allowed to create a conference championship game for said conference once the conference reaches the 12 team requirement.

2. You should have to keep the # of teams in a conference even per division once reaching 12 teams and beyond, so 12...14...16.

3. You should lose 1 OOC game for every pair added at 12 and beyond.

4. We should be given the option of conference scheduling rules...just like you pointed out do we want to do it SEC or Big 12 style and if so, who is our cross conference yearly rival going to be....this should be editable for every conference.

I'm sure there are some other things, but it basically would just take somebody who is really passionate about scheduling accuracy and trying to think of all of the options they would want to create their ideal conferences. This is one of the times where the more options we give the user, the less complex it will make coding for the developers. Simply write the code with jumps, allowing you to have multiple different paths information is pulled from based on whatever user input is given. It would honestly be fairly elementary compared to a lot of the other logic in this game, it really boils down to them deciding to sit down and make it a priority.

PS...quit calling the Dawgs Stake, Hog Head
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey

Last edited by Amoo316; 08-07-2010 at 05:07 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:58 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
2. You should have to keep the # of teams in a conference even per division once reaching 12 teams and beyond, so 12...14...16.
What about the 13-team MAC?

Quote:
PS...quit calling the Dawgs Stake, Hog Head
Miss Stake... get it... Mistake... because they're so terrible.... get it?
Old 08-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #11
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
What about the 13-team MAC?
Once you add a team to the mac they become a 14 team conference then fall under the same rules as stated.

Quote:
Miss Stake... get it... Mistake... because they're so terrible.... get it?
Sorry I forgot about the dominant college football power that is Arkansas, shall we all bow down? Oh wait you guys were the same 3-5 in the SEC State was last year...nevermind.

Good news is Both programs are on the rise and both came within an eyelash of beating LSU last year.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Once you add a team to the mac they become a 14 team conference then fall under the same rules as stated.

Sorry I forgot about the dominant college football power that is Arkansas, shall we all bow down? Oh wait you guys were the same 3-5 in the SEC State was last year...nevermind.

Good news is Both programs are on the rise and both came within an eyelash of beating LSU last year.
Arkansas came within a few horribly blown calls by the refs of beating Florida last year.

And I'm not trying to claim Arkansas is a powerhouse. I never, ever implied that.

Mississippi State is the doormat of the SEC West, much like Vanderbilt is the doormat of the SEC East (except the west is the superior division, and Mississippi State is way better than Vandy).

Arkansas has won the Western Division three times. Mississippi State just once (though Ole Miss has never won it). And for as long as I can remember, Arkansas has never finished 5th or 6th in the division...the two spots you most regularly find Mississippi State.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

I did a create a team, and created about ~6 other schools and replaced many of the Big East teams with the created teams, then swapped in the good Big East schools with teams that had low ratings... dumping a lot of D- teams, but trying to also keep it mostly regionally correct.

For 2012, I'd really like to see truly custom conferences, ie, a Create a Conference option simular to Team Builder, where you can create your own conference, fill it with Team Builder teams, give it a name, logo, championship trophy, rules (ie, conference title game, non-title game, etc), location HQ, tendency, etc.. and really try to build the conference up to be a contender in the game.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #14
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Is there a way to add a team to a conference without swapping? Like move Nebraska to the Big 10 and Colorado to the PAC 10? Stuff like that or do you have to swap?
Anyway around this?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544
Is there a way to add a team to a conference without swapping? Like move Nebraska to the Big 10 and Colorado to the PAC 10? Stuff like that or do you have to swap?
Anyway around this?
You have to swap. There were threads floating around that involved a lot of swapping basically putting the 10 remaining Big 12 teams into the Pac10, the Pac10 + Colorado + Utah in the Big 12, Nebraska & the Big Ten in C-USA or some sort of craziness that takes all day to swap all the teams around... but then the conferences are named wrong and the conferences that should have automatic bids, don't (such as the Big Ten being in a C-USA shell), meanwhile some non-BCS conference gets put into the Big Ten and gets an automatic bid.

And the 10 remaining Big 12 teams put into the Pac-10 get the Rose Bowl bid while the Pac-12 sitting in the Big 12 get the Fiesta bowl bid, etc. etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

This is how I have it broken down in my dynasty.

ACC:
No changes

Big East
No changes

Big Ten:
Nebraska replaces Northwestern, no other changes

Big XII North:
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Kansas
Mizzou
TCU
SMU

Big XII South:
Texas
A&M
Tech
Baylor
Rice
UH

PAC 10:
No changes

SEC:
No changes

CUSA East:
UCF
Marshall
ECU
Northwestern
Southern Miss
UAB

CUSA West:
Tulsa
Louisiana Tech
Tulane
Iowa St.
Kansas St.
Memphis

MWC:
Air Force
BYU
Boise St.
Colorado
Colorado St.
Idaho
Utah
Utah St.
Wyoming

WAC:
Fresno St.
Hawai'i
San Diego St.
San Jose St.
UTEP
New Mexico
New Mexico St.
UNLV
Nevada

Independents:
No changes

Sun Belt:
No changes

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »