Home

Can you improve your school categories?

This is a discussion on Can you improve your school categories? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 06:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Can you improve your school categories?

I believe coach experience gets a boost if you sign an extension, or maybe i'm thinking of program stability.

Alex Trebek: That's not a category.

Keanu Reeves: My mistake. I shall choose Balloons for $600.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #18
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdad
In the fourth year of Dynasty

Academics C D+ C C
Campus C C C C
Coach Exp D+ C C C
Coach Prestige D+ C C+ B
Conference B B B B
Championship C C+ B B+
Facilities C+ C+ B B
Fans C+ B B+ B+
Pro D+ C C+ B
Stability C B+ A A+
Tradition C C C C+
TV C+ C C+ C+
I don't get this guy's post...How are we suppose to know what school you're talking about, and what their ratings were during your 1st year...I guess Pogo must be a mind reader when he replied to this guy, or did I miss something and not read the school this guy's talking about?
Old 08-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #19
Rookie

Ivan71's Arena

OVR: 2

I was under the impression that Academic Prestige changes with the players you graduate. After my first Dynasty year I had about 5 undergraduates that went pro. I didnt try to persuade them to stay, as a result my Academic Prestige went from an A to B+. My Pro Potential went from an A to A+. I know your Coach Prestige is effected by the promises you keep or break. Im guessing that Athletic Facilities might be effected based on the injuries you recieve during the season.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
I don't get this guy's post...How are we suppose to know what school you're talking about, and what their ratings were during your 1st year...I guess Pogo must be a mind reader when he replied to this guy, or did I miss something and not read the school this guy's talking about?
Yes, you would have to be a mind reader to see the progression of ratings. I was using CMU, but I honestly don't see how that has any possible impact on the interpretation of the ratings.

I am tracking the ratings in a spreadsheet, and just copied and pasted it in here, in an attempt to show that several of the ratings that people are saying never change, do in fact change. I didn't write up a long explanation because I thought it was obvious that the grades were year to year changes for a given category.

You see, the first column is the categories, and the second column is the first year grades, and the next column is the second year grades...
Old 08-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChristofer
Everything changes...except for Academic Prestige and Campus Lifestyle.
Wrong! AP changes I went from a C+ to a B after year one. Not sure about CL. Maybe it depends on what type of players you recruit I haven't looked that deep into it yet. Stop recruiting dummies and see what happens... LOL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #22

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMeeks
Athletic Facilities : Goes up after winning consecutive bowl games.

Academic Prestige: Unchangeable.

Television Exposure: Depends on what conference your in.

Campus Lifestyle: Unchangeable.

Tradition: Unchangeable.

Championship Contender: Changes after you win multiple bowl games, BCS bowls are a big boost.

Fan Base: Changes after having consecutive winning seasons.

Coach Prestige: Changes slowly after having consecutive winning seasons and bowl game titles.

Coach Experience: Unchangeable. (Which is dumb if you ask me)
My coach experience went from a B+ to an A after one 4-8 season in my dynasty.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Uh... how do I have to be a mind reader to see which recruiting pitches grades changed? That was in his post. In fact...it was the only thing in his post.

I commented on the fact that most all of his recruiting pitches changed, thereby proving that most all of them are changeable. And then I commented on one of his pitches that didn't move, conference prestige, but obviously this CAN CHANGE because your TEAM CAN CHANGE CONFERENCES, which automatically adjusts your conference prestige.

And then I questioned the possibility of changing conference prestige without changing conferences...
Old 08-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

I was downgraded on Academic Prestige in my Virginia dynasty. A+ to start out, A the next year. I had one player transfer, no one left early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »