Home

Is it me or does this gmae not get defense or pass rush right

This is a discussion on Is it me or does this gmae not get defense or pass rush right within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
Rookie

kmaxhokie's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is it me or does this gmae not get defense or pass rush right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
I'm not complaining about this too much, as long as the sack totals are realistic, I can live with it. Just looks a little funny.
Exactly, I feel Im getting enough pressure to cause mistakes, it just looks weird when the QB is about to get hit and can throw it away quickly.

BOATSNHOOOOOES
#14 Virginia Tech (10-3)
Year 1 - Champs Sports Bowl Champs
#10 Virginia Tech (11-2) Year 2 - Chick-fil-A Bowl Champs
Old 08-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #10
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

Then someone explain wat im doin wrong. I had unc and im playin lb and im rushing 4, 5 and at times 6 and they pick up everybody. Granted this is online but still. I find it crazy i can get pressure offline tho
Old 08-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #11
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

Btw my friend had houston
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

I usually play four down linemen and actually control the DT next to the LE. Now, with the DT, I'm not always able to get to the QB, but I basically force the G and C to generally double team me. If I've got a good pass rusher at LE or in the other DT spot, they'll get the sacks all game.

Essentially... LT guards my RE. LG guards my RDT. RT guards my LE. I play as the LDT and keep the C and RG busy. If opponent doesn't keep any backs or TEs to pass block, then my other 3 linemen are hurrying the QB as soon as they get off their first block.

When you play a LB or S and the 4 down linemen are rushing, the CPU O-Line generally does a good enough job of juggling your defensive linemen. When you control a D-Linemen, you can really cause some chaos.

Most of my friends control a LB or S and they're pretty good in pass coverage and can go stop outside runs quick. But they don't get nearly the same sort of pass rush as I do. I can pretty much pass all I want to on them, just a matter of finding the open guy, and I can take my time to look through at least 3 or 4, sometimes all 5 reads. When they're on offense, they have a higher chance of finding a better open guy, but it's got to be on their first or second read. By the third read, worse case scenario, I'm hitting the QB just when he's throwing and more than 50% of the time causing a bad throw. Plenty of times I get a sack.

And when I put press coverage on, the QB has less time to make the reads, so he has to throw it to one of the first two guys or get sacked every time.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

playing with the D-Line is boring and very repetitive IMO. LB, CB/S is fun because you actually have to know tendencies. DLINE is boring because i can just go under the LT/RT every play because i know what how to swim and bullrush. i just think the pass rush is horrible. i just noticed that offline i got a decent rush but online i didnt
Old 08-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
playing with the D-Line is boring and very repetitive IMO. LB, CB/S is fun because you actually have to know tendencies. DLINE is boring because i can just go under the LT/RT every play because i know what how to swim and bullrush. i just think the pass rush is horrible. i just noticed that offline i got a decent rush but online i didnt
Well, to be honest, if your pass rush isn't as good as you'd like it to be when you're not playing a D-Linemen, I think that's great.

When I play a D-Linemen, my pass coverage isn't always as great as I'd like it to be, but as a DTack, between stopping the run and hurrying up (or sacking) the passer, I feel like that's where I make the biggest impact on defense.

And that's how it should be to be honest. A great defensive line should make a much larger impact on the game than a great linebacking corps or great secondary.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

that i agree with and thats fine and good but my point in all this is if you have a good team with a great defensive line such as the one UNC has they should be dominating a lesser team such as houston. ive done a few match ups such as ohio st vs maryland or miami vs usf and its the same the dline is horribleand very slow although in real life most dfensive lines are pretty fast and a majority of defensive ends run 4.5 to 4.8 yet the majority of these guys have no burst off the line and no speed around the edge. i look at miami and i kow thats my favority team but allen bailey is a freak of nature and he is slow as dirty with a 65 spd and i think somewhere in the 70s or 80 acc but yet he is manhandled by sorry olines. same for ohio st, same for unc and rober quinn or iowa with adrian clayborn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Neither me nor my opponents nor the CPU can ever get pressure without blitzing. Its always been like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »